free website stats program Just wondering | Harley Davidson Forums

Just wondering

mat 60

I should no this but I didn't go to school.....Ok...I find myself more pushing the handlebars down in a turn and siting up streight....Almost like riding on top of the bike.......Is this bad.??..

As long as you understand countersteering you will be fine. Some people like to hang off the side of the bike and use their weight to lean the bike over. This style requires less imput into the bars and uses more of the tire while pushing harder on the bars and sitting more upright keeps the bike more upright and uses more of the center of the tire.

As long as you understand countersteering you will be fine. Some people like to hang off the side of the bike and use their weight to lean the bike over. This style requires less imput into the bars and uses more of the tire while pushing harder on the bars and sitting more upright keeps the bike more upright and uses more of the center of the tire.

As Don said here. If I lean and push on the bars or pegs the bike will counter steer, I like to keep my eyes and head level when ever possible:s

Thanks guys...I just happen to notice myself doing that Jack....Could it then be said that were trying to keep our head on streight..:)

Thanks guys...I just happen to notice myself doing that Jack....Could it then be said that were trying to keep our head on streight..:)

Sure, LOL, a very old and wise Biker taught me that many moons ago, and keeping your eyes and head level is not all that hard to do:s

Mat surely you joke about school, isn't that required by law :p

I'm not quite sure which way you guys are talking about leaning or sitting up straight ?? but road racers will many times lean their bodies towards the pavement as a kinda counterweight and keep the bike more upright in turns.

Mat surely you joke about school, isn't that required by law :p

I'm not quite sure which way you guys are talking about leaning or sitting up straight ?? but road racers will many times lean their bodies toward the pavement as a kinda counterweight and keep the bike more upright in turns.

Im grandfathered........Without grand children..:)..I had license before law maney moons ago Chef Dave....:newsmile014:.. What I was getting at is sometimes the more I ride,, I dont seem to lean as much with my body when I dont need to...I just push the bar down and as jack said our heads stay more level...Now ..When I need to, Ill lean way over I will but most of the time it doesn't seem nessesary...But I also dont want to develop another bad habit so thats why I ask you high millage expert riders...:majesty

What..........Do you mean by pushing the bars and sitting up straight?????
If turning left, which way are you pushing on bars? I can't get this in my head.
This seems like Deja Vue...Again here.
wilks3
:USA

Back