free website stats program Just when you thought you saw it all. | Harley Davidson Forums

Just when you thought you saw it all.

D

dbmg

So I am traveling on a 4 lane near home only to find a bike in front of me. The guy had a very nice full face helmet on hanging on sissy bar. The bike was a cruiser.
I noticed at red light he was fidgeting with something. Light changed we started to move he places phone in between teeth and starts to fly down highway. All of sudden he slows gets into right lane, left hand comes off bar retrieves phone and starts texting one handed. My first thought was I guess that nice full face helmet must interfere with his phone usage which apparently is more important than his own safety......:nosad

To each his/her own, but too dangerous to/for me. Reminds me of an old movie line, "It takes all kinds of critters to make Orvil's fritters".

So I am traveling on a 4 lane near home only to find a bike in front of me. The guy had a very nice full face helmet on hanging on sissy bar. The bike was a cruiser.
I noticed at red light he was fidgeting with something. Light changed we started to move he places phone in between teeth and starts to fly down highway. All of sudden he slows gets into right lane, left hand comes off bar retrieves phone and starts texting one handed. My first thought was I guess that nice full face helmet would interfere with his phone usage which apparently is more important than his own safety......:nosad

I'm surprised to hear that, usually that type is riding a crotch rocket. Texting seems to be a BIG thing (problem) now days. Lawyers in Florida have produced test data that shows it causes more accidents than drunk drivers.

It's one thing to talk on a phone, but to text or even dial a number while driving is dangerous.

I get a kick out of some signs you see when riding. I saw one today that said:

WOODWORK
DUCKS
SNOWBALLS

Where to start?? :p

I noticed at red light he was fidgeting with something. Light changed we started to move he places phone in between teeth and starts to fly down highway. All of sudden he slows gets into right lane, left hand comes off bar retrieves phone and starts texting one handed. My first thought was I guess that nice full face helmet must interfere with his phone usage which apparently is more important than his own safety......:nosad

You probably won't see much of him in the future!! What a dummy!!

Back