free website stats program just some info | Harley Davidson Forums

just some info

blues821

well i did a few posts on some of the bigger forums out there on tne 07's and all there issue's . well most people seem happy with there 07's some even have 40k+ on them with 0 issues ... i think personally that the internet tends to blow things up a bit ...ya i know some of the ultra guys complained about the heat . and ive riden my buddys 07 ultra for a couple hours one day and it didnt seem that much hotter than anything else ive riden ,and since hes now tuned it and chaged the exhaust its fine ... the crankshaft issue doesnt seem to be as big as some would have you believe either it seems ... one bit of info ive heard came from a head wrench at a dealership ,he stated that it has affected 2% of the bikes ,,and those are rumerd to be early 07 's .so all and all i dont think the 07's are better or worst than any other year .. the 05 where rumored to have had bad valve problems ,and this i heard from a dealer . i know a number of guys with 05's and there fine ,and these guys dont baby there rides either ,so this is just mho and im sure someone will get irretated buy it but just wanted to here some thoughts keith

Very seldom do you get both sides or all of a story, you get what the person telling you wants you to hear. I have been in the aviation business military and civilian for 30 years I do not believe ANYTHING I hear, and only half of what I see.

I have an 09 Ultra and there is definetley more heat than my 05 Softail had. I am in the process of doing a stage one as well as my 1000 mile service which will go 100% synthetic. (Mobil One) I am hopeful that all this along with eventual breakin the heat will become a non issue as well. I can tell you my ride being stock, heat is defeinetely an issue. Enough to where my right leg in town gets hot enough to be very annoying. I am confident there is enough EZ mods to remedy the heat, but it is for real, at least on my bike. I do love this bike and have no regrets.

*** I changed my post... I meant my right leg gets hot, not my left.

Last edited:
When I first got my '08 I noticed a lot of heat, especially on the right side. Don't know if I've just gotten used to it or what, but the heat doesn't seem to be an issue now unless I'm stuck in really bad traffic on a hot day. Would the heat issue decrease as the bike got broken in? I've got 7,800 miles on it now.

Think you just get use to it. A slight change in wind can carry more away from you.
As for the heat well it is a 96 or more BIG Vtwin aircooled engine they are going to throw some heat. What some of us are trying to say is The bike aint going to melt.
Heat will not be aproblem soon:small3d009:

idont think the 96 is any hotter the 88 ... now let me finish 96,..88 dont matter the 3/8 of an ich longer sroke aint gonna cause enuff extra heat its the dang epa crap ... in 07 everything changed ...i work in the fire truck industry you want to talk about heat my god the exhaust temp is so high now that it'll actually melt black top as the truck is sitting there running ... just wait till 2010 its gonna get even worst ... id say liquid cooled catalitec converter and just a plan gutless machine in the very near future

I put O2 IED's on my '08 at about 300 miles and it ran much better and seemed to cool it down. With a few thousand miles it now runs and shifts better than ever. It sure seems like you have to run a few miles for them to sweeten up.
fhhrrider

Just out of curiousity, what exactly did the 02 sensors resisters (plugs) I installed with the TFI unit do? Obvoiusly disconnected the 02, but it seems to run cooler. Is this because of the 02 sensors or the fuel management / AC? I am convinced my Ultra runs cooler.

I did a test of over 2000 miles with Xied's
last post is here The thermal gun was used to check temps all over the engine gave them a fair test.
Xied's for my bagger - Harley Davidson Community

ive got the x's on my 07 rkc as well as wellas a set of rush 1.5 's bike runs great .heat is not a problem ,throttle response is good , but if i change the AC ,ill get a different fueling device . i fell the Xied's work great for a stock bike ,or a bike with aftermarket exhaust but imho once you change the Air cleaner ,i think a more adjustable fueling device is more appropriate , i myself like the techlusion from dobeck performance ,its completely tunable without a laptop or dyno ,very straight forward and user freindly .
keith

Back