free website stats program Just sent our Golden Retriever to "Doggy Heaven" | Harley Davidson Forums

Just sent our Golden Retriever to "Doggy Heaven"

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Sad day around here. Just had to put down our 14 year old Golden Retriever - kidney failure and severe arthritis/hip nerve damage. Knew this day was coming but it's still no fun.

Do me a favor - if you own a dog, give it an extra special hug for me today and say it's from "Peaches" in Woodstock, Georgia.

I'm sure sorry to here about that. I have a black lab that is almost 8 now. He is my bud. I know it is a big lose to your family and we will be thinking about you and the family.

Sorry for your loss,I personally hate dogs,but I understand the emotional attachment some people get for thier pets,so my condolances come from the heart.It must have been a merciful release for you and your dog.

Sorry to here that Dr.
My heart goes out to you and the family.
We will give our dog Misty (Wiemeramer) a big hug for you guys! They become family and its hard to have to do something like that, again my heart goes out.

I hate to hear that news, I hope I never have to make the decision. I'll give Rocky & Molly hugs tonight between tosses. :(

Had a Golden as a kid, best dog ever. Now I have cats (wife's choice), recently had 1 pass on, just over a year old, so I know how hard it can be.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Thanks everyone - just confirms what a great bunch of folks hang out on this forum!

Doc...so sorry my friend..My wife, and I have rescued dogs for many many years and its never easy to say goodbye to a pet. Some folks have laughed at us because of our strong feelings for animals and its ok...For you to read...its always helped me...Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone
here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and
hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are
warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong
again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times
gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small
thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to
be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are
intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the
group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and
faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend
finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be
parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands
again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the
trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never
absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

Sorry for your lose. My buddy is setting beside me now holding hands with me waiting for our 4 oclock walk
Ken and Hogan

Back