free website stats program Just picked up and on the way to Texas! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just picked up and on the way to Texas!

Great news, Great Bike, be safe where you can ride year round:s

My new FXDC, purchased and stored in NH is now on the way to Texas - just picked up by HaulBikes on February 16th. Here are some pictures . . . I can't wait for it to arrive!:D

Thanks - Mark!
Congrats on getting it headed your way. As a former FXD owner, you might want to look into moving the front signals down on the forks. It makes a ton of difference in a sleek look. The kit from Harley isn't much, as best as I recall, and a ver easy switch. About a six pack or less job. Again, congrats on getting her headed to Texas. I'm jealous of all the riding time, and riding scenery you have down there.

Awesome looking bike and you live in a great part of the Texas nation. I know you'll be having some fun rides on those roads around there. Congrats!..... You have an odd avatar that makes me do a double take when I see it! What's the story there?

Thanks all for the complements! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I just flew back to Manchester NH and drove my car back to Texas. I'm currently here at the Denny's in Texarkana after about 14 hours on the road today . . . oof. Just 6 1/2 hours to go! I feel like I've passed some 'rite of passage' by driving on 9W between NH and Vermont during a snow storm . . . it was quite the eyeopener for sure! No more of that for a while! In a future email I'll be asking about what are the best upgrades for a dyna . . for both show and mechanical - I appreciate everyones help - for sure! I'm particularly interested in breaking her in right -and that 10/30/60 seems like a winner . . . as well as other mods too. But right now - I'm going to sleep . . . hahah! A cheap non-smoker for me! I've completed about 1500 of 2000 miles . . . and made it one piece!
I wish I had the bike now - but the nature of the delivery is that it is unpredictable. They just give approximate estimates . . . its on the way back the Milwaukee, WI . . .and then they'll give me another estimate as to when it will be here in Texas.

Reminds me of an episodes of the Simpsons:

- Are we there yet? No!
- Are we there yet? No!
- Are we there yet? No!
- Are we there yet? No!

Haha - good night all and thanks for the help!
:small3d023:
Mark - Thanks!

Congrats on getting it headed your way. As a former FXD owner, you might want to look into moving the front signals down on the forks. It makes a ton of difference in a sleek look. The kit from Harley isn't much, as best as I recall, and a ver easy switch. About a six pack or less job. Again, congrats on getting her headed to Texas. I'm jealous of all the riding time, and riding scenery you have down there.

Thanks for the input - this is a great idea . . . will this work with a windscreen as well? I want to put a quick detach windscreen and hard saddles on it for use as a 'dual duty' bagger jr. . . . I like the idea of a more sleek look when the bags, bars and windscreens are detached . . . :58:

Thanks again!

Mark- thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input - this is a great idea . . . will this work with a windscreen as well? I want to put a quick detach windscreen and hard saddles on it for use as a 'dual duty' bagger jr. . . . I like the idea of a more sleek look when the bags, bars and windscreens are detached . . . :58:

Thanks again!

Mark- thanks!
Yes, I had detachable windshield on mine.

Was just in NH for Xmas holidays. Have family in Northfield/Tilton area. December and no snow, what's up with that?
Welcome to Texas..I live Ft Hood area...:)

Was just in NH for Xmas holidays. Have family in Northfield/Tilton area. December and no snow, what's up with that?
Welcome to Texas..I live Ft Hood area...:)

Thanks - this is a homecoming of sorts for me . . .I was born in Dallas, Rasied in Omaha, NE and Summit NJ, lived in Houston and Austin . . .moved to NH and received an 'offer I couldn't refuse' to move to San Antonio, TX.
Yeah the snow part is weird . . . late october was the only time we had any real snow where I lived in Nashua . . . then I cross Vermont on 9 and snow falls - hahah! Beautiful place NH, my second home . . . I'll miss it!

Mark - Thanks!

Thanks - this is a homecoming of sorts for me . . .I was born in Dallas, Rasied in Omaha, NE and Summit NJ, lived in Houston and Austin . . .moved to NH and received an 'offer I couldn't refuse' to move to San Antonio, TX.
Yeah the snow part is weird . . . late october was the only time we had any real snow where I lived in Nashua . . . then I cross Vermont on 9 and snow falls - hahah! Beautiful place NH, my second home . . . I'll miss it!

Mark - Thanks!
Right you are Mark. We often travel into NH from Massachusetts. Some great roads, scenery, & people. I love the "Live Free or Die" state. We go to the White Mountains for vacation every year.
Moving to Texas is going to open up a whole new riding experience for you. I envy the fact that your riding season is going to be a lot longer than what it was in New England.

Back