free website stats program Just Outside Bryce Canyon, UT, Altitude Problem? | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Outside Bryce Canyon, UT, Altitude Problem?

Doak-A-Hey

We're full time RV'ers and will be at around 7000' for the next month.
My '06 Road Glide is EFI and will take care of itself but the wife's '02 FatBoy has a Carb and was wondering if anyone could steer me toward a procedure to adjust this to run a little leaner when we travel into higher elevations?

Bought the bike new in Clearwater, FL but we spend most of our time now between 3,000 to 8,000 ft in the summer and sea level in the winter, so rejetting it would not be my first choice, if possible. . . . oh great. . . .it's snowing again.

For a minute there I thought this post was about me. I read it real fast and I thought it said "Attitude problem". Guess its time for new glasses.

The cv carb will probabley compensate for the altitude. You would richen the carb if you had to by raising the needle.
Ken

Are you running the stock CV carb? If so it should be fine as Kemo said, I'm at 4500 ft and usually jet the main a size smaller when tuning local bikes but they still run at sea level, the CV carb is very forgiving. If you look in the self help section at the top of the page there is a wealth of information on tuning.

I like to Keep my air filter cleaner and actually do Less of the oil on it when up at the HIGH places here in Az....

Thinking the air is lean and need all I can get... I don't know if this helps much but it makes ME think so..

On my sport I LIKE to take out the .048 and install the .046 slow jet,,,that seems to make a difference Form Here in Wa. at 0/600 feet and Az. at 4400/plus feet...

signed....BUBBIE

Back