free website stats program Just Ordered my Gen3 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Ordered my Gen3

I ordered the Gen 3 for my 05 wideglide, already did the pipes and high flow air cleaner, a guy I know swears by the PC, between the price and dyno, just didn't think it was worth it.

I've read all the posts for TFI and decided to go with it, I was on a bike ride with a couple guys last week and I noticed they were always pulling away from me on the line, both of the had TFi units and said it really made a difference.

can't wait to get it and plud it in.

one question, the directions say to disconnect the gas line, i'm guessing that I would need to drain the tank first?

You can do it without undoing the fuel line if you are careful. Just don't lift the rear of the tank too high or you will break the fuel line fitting. You can visualize it in the horn side of the bike under the tank. Unfasten the mount bolts and use a towel rolled up under the rear of the tank, just don't force the tank upwards when you feel resistance or the line breaks.
I insert the wires for the TFI in the channel where the harness is for a factory appearance.

You can do it without undoing the fuel line if you are careful. Just don't lift the rear of the tank too high or you will break the fuel line fitting. You can visualize it in the horn side of the bike under the tank. Unfasten the mount bolts and use a towel rolled up under the rear of the tank, just don't force the tank upwards when you feel resistance or the line breaks.
I insert the wires for the TFI in the channel where the harness is for a factory appearance.

Thanks Glider, just filled the tank, good reason to go for a ride and burn some fuel

Today I spoke to Chris at Dobeck and he suggested the Gen3 over the TFI for my FLSTC. I told him my concerns of not having any available space to mount the thing so he said the Gen3 is a bit thinner than the TFI and might offer more options for the mounting. I hope he is right.

I also hope this is the right thing for my bike. Never sure about any of these expensive add-ons that claim to do the impossible.

I also hope this isn't a nightmare to install.

I gave him the order and I am awaiting delivery.

Well, I received my Gen3 two days ago but it sits in the package awaiting me to install. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have to work so I haven't had time to check it out or install it. This weekend looks promising enough to get it done. I'm looking forward to the install. :newsmile01:

Who? Buster Brown? :lolrolling

I didn't catch is name :s I did scare him - it was raining so I went out to the truck to save him a walk in the rain - he came out from the back of the truck and almost dropped the box when he saw me.

Back