free website stats program Just Not Down With Two-Up | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Not Down With Two-Up

Ride both ways. I like riding solo but wife likes to ride on back. Thinking of maybe trying to get a trike for her since she don't like 2 wheelers on her on.

I love getting out and putting the bike in high gear and just enjoy being one with it out in the middle of no place with lot of twisties and hills but sometimes there's nothing better than putting a beautiful women behind you on a cool evening and just cruising, just got to be careful my wife doesn't catch me.

Your a brave man chopper :D

My wife had her own bike, doesnt show interst in riding any more, sold my baggers and now ride my Street Bob with solo seat, sure do miss her on the back telling me to slow down LOL

My wife's been my passenger for 26 years now.She seems to enjoy it a lot more now that she has a seat and not just the fender.I love having her back there,but sometimes the increased power to weight ratio is a lot of fun.

My wife didn't really like to ride when we first started dating. But, she would go with me on weekend trips just because she knew I wanted her to. She's 'graduated' a bit and actually enjoys it more. Although, she is very nervous on the highways. Living where we do, it's almost impossible to get anywhere remote without using a hiway to get out of town. She does like our annual 4 day weekend run to the south Jersey shore. She had a ball last year when we toured Nova Scotia for a week.

But, she's not into the day rides to nowhere. To be honest, I prefer going solo on my day trips. It's my 'mind clearing' time. I can be with with a couple of buddies and still not have to talk to to anyone until we stop for lunch. I find that I'm more tired after a day of two up riding. I think it's the worry of wondering if she's comfortable, relaxed, hungry, cold, hot, has to pee, etc. I do very much enjoy having her with me on the weekend and longer trips.

I ride every day and use the stock seat. The two up seat takes me 2 minutes to put on so it's no big deal if she wants to go with me. We have used the bike a couple of times to visit the grand kids, but that's only a little over an hour each way. The kids get a kick out of seeing us pull up on the bike though. :)

We took a short ride this weekend with nine others and had a blast. Once we got out on some back straight roads I ask my wife if she wanted to drive. HAHA... I knew the answer to the question before I asked. I got a real quick NO. In a way I would like for her to ride her own bike because I think she would enjoy it but then again I really enjoy having her on the back with me. You can't beat a sharp looking Harley with a good looken woman on the back.

I enjoy riding two up with my wife always have. Sometimes i do not even know she is there, till she smacks me in the head to turn around so she can see something again.
I also enjoy riding alone and do often, but given the choise I would want her with me every ride.
Hey Smitty - I agree with you -- and my wife does ride with me most everywhere I go. I sometimes do wish however, she would "sense" somehow, when I am parking or pushing the bike back into a parking spot, wish she could sense when I am having difficulty with the bikes weight and hers being almost more than I can hold upright. Can she help with this by leaning opposite to bike lean or something or do I simply just ask her to get off and let me park or back it up??? I am not a huge big strong guy, but sometimes it is alllllll I can do to keep the bike from just falling over and I know that her added weight is part of the problem.

Bill

I'm with Smitty on this one. I love to have the wife on back of the scooter when I ride. I would worry if she had her own. I still like an occasional ride alone but I happen to be one of the luck ones who is married to my best friend so she is welcome any time.
Me too, I love having my wife ride with me and you know what....most of the times when we do go for a ride, we always end up at some good place to eat! Her company is just what I like to have. Other than that, we mostly ride by ourselves, since we dont know a lot of folks with bikes that enjoy just riding places to eat. Sometimes we will ride up to one hundred miles just to eat and return home. (love it)

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Back