free website stats program Just Not Down With Two-Up | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Not Down With Two-Up

I love getting out and putting the bike in high gear and just enjoy being one with it out in the middle of no place with lot of twisties and hills but sometimes there's nothing better than putting a beautiful women behind you on a cool evening and just cruising, just got to be careful my wife doesn't catch me.

My My Chop...I can't believe you said this, and are indeed fortunate your gal was not looking over your shoulder...what is up with using beautiful women "and" the wife separately...! :newsmile055: And out back it could get mighty cold...:newsmile08:

I enjoy my wife being behind me on my heritage. In fact she even helped me pick out my bike. She told me that when this one is paid for I can get my bobber for just me. She enjoys riding with me and I enjoy her on the back. But, I also enjoy riding solo. So days she don't want to ride, I put the solo seat on. 5 minutes I can go from 2 up to solo.

I have always enjoyed riding 2-Up even though she has her own bike, still on longer trips she rides with me.

Gator454

My My Chop...I can't believe you said this, and are indeed fortunate your gal was not looking over your shoulder...what is up with using beautiful women "and" the wife separately...! :newsmile055: And out back it could get mighty cold...:newsmile08:
NEWHD I'm sure you and everyone know's I was kidding, can't be married 30 years with out a good sence of humor, met my wjfe when I was leaving a biker birthday bash on the spit by Stuart Fla, she was hichhiking leaving the same party and I had to run a red light and cut a cage off, but I got her and she was the beautiful women behind me, then she got her own bike, she still "lets me" give ride, to a cutie once a while:)

I knew a gent that rode a cycle. I ask him if his wife liked to ride...He replied "Yeah,...she likes to pull out at noon, and come home by one.":laugh

Yep, figured as much as we would not be with our gals if it wasn't for a judicious bit of chivalry...amazing how time flies when we are out and about with a partner to share the joy...which is really what this thread is all about. :D

Now I'm wondering how many of you guys who so much in favor of riding two-up would enjoy being the one riding behind? We have yet to "hear" from a passenger. I guess I also have it in mind that there is perhaps a bit of sexist (perhaps subservient would be a better choice of words) thought involved for thinking an adoring woman (passengers are mostly women, right?) will be so thrilled to always ride ride behind.

I'm not new on bikes. I got my license in 1964. Like I wrote in the OP, my sole means of transportation in the 70s when I met my wife was a bike. If we wanted to go anywhere then we had to go two-up on my bike. I see things differently now than then. Frankly, I have great respect for someone who has been a passenger say they would rather ride their own bike along with you than ride behind you on your bike. This recently happened with a couple I know. She now rides her lowered Sportster right along with her husband on his Springer and it looks like they have more fun than ever. I also have a friend who fairly recently had to lay his Glide down while riding two-up. It's still not a pretty sight, probably more mentally than physically. I'll run the risk, but I just no longer want to run the risk for someone with me on my bike.

I almost posted on that early on in the thread but I got distracted at work, (yes, the job does come first when I'm reading there :)) after all, they are kind enough to allow me to surf the net while I'm there. :D

I ride my own bike, but I have been on the back of my husband's bike. I don't really mind it so much on his bike, it's much more comfortable. Made for 2 up.

Ironically, I have more 'miles' on the back of my bike than on the back of his. When we take his bike, it's usually a short trip that we plan. :s When I ended up on the back of my bike, it was unplanned. :) (I followed the balloon to the landing & for the trip back he went with me). My bike puts the passenger on a very narrow part of the seat with only a small back rest. (I only have the backrest to put a bag on, it doubles as a back rest for when I get on the back.

I was so tense on the back of my bike that my legs were kind of sore after the next day. I'm not totally relaxed any more as a passenger it seems, but I think the bike would make a big impact on how the passenger feels about riding. Maybe 20 years ago I would have liked riding on the back of my bike better, but these days, if we are going to go 2 up, I would choose his electra glide.

i have a solo bike and 2up bike as the wife when she is well enough loves to ride and go to rallies

So I would think that the glide would be the wife's bike. :D

Years back my wife was a happy pillion passenger now she has her own bike is only rarely on the back seat and thats when she needs a lift somewhere and i refuse to drive the car
However i do frequently have an attractive young lady ride pillion however now that she is 13 she is getting a bit mature to hang out with the old guy next door
if youngest daughter is home she will often go riding with me
i have been pillion once or twice myself usually when broken down

Brian

My wife & I enjoy 2-up riding. Fact is if she hears the bike fire up, she's grabbed her helmet & on the way out the door she says..."Where are we going" I wouldn't have it any other way... :D

"...which is really what this thread is all about". Nope, NEWHD74FAN, not if you consider the intent of the author of the original post of this thread (uhhhhh me). In fact my intent was about 180 degrees out from the "chivalry point" of view. In fact, I've seen guys who have absolutely no thoughts of chivalry. They think of their passenger much like they think of their dog they like to show off in the bed of their pickup.

I enjoyed reading your posts ,Pat.N.Ky and Joyflyin. I do admit to wonderin' just why you {Joy) would ever get behind as a passenger on your own bike. Maybe because your husband would rather call a cab than go as a passenger behind you (OK, I'd probably call a cab, too)?

I don't think going along as a passenger is really riding. It's something to do together, but it's just not riding a bike. Riding a bike is an instinctive kind of thing where split second reflexive action is sometimes needed to remain upright (if not squashed like a grape). Placing a passenger into a panic situation on my bike concerns me much more than knowing I run the risk of that, daily, when riding solo.

Back