free website stats program Just looking for an opinion on what to do. | Harley Davidson Forums

Just looking for an opinion on what to do.

RideTheLightning

Hey guys. I just recently finished paying off my bike so now I'd like to put the money that was going toward payments towards mods. I am slowly but surely learning more and more about my scoot, just did my first oil change the other day and I have a part in the mail I am gonna try and replace.

Anyway, here is a pic of how it is now:

11cfhj7.jpg

My thoughts are taking off the shield and passenger seat, get a new paint job (likely black) and get a new exhaust.

I wanna go with "window" style handlebars like this:

$99.99 Window Bars - HandleBars - From Licks Custom Cycles

Any suggestions on the full exhaust/ tips on going about all of this? Right now I have stock exhaust with S&S slip-ons.

Thanks for any info. :p

re: Just looking for an opinion on what to do.

1ST question I have is, you are waiting till winter. Right????:)
The best way to do mods is in steps. Like bundle performance mods, exhaust and air filter or body mods, IE paint, seat etc. So sit down think it out and try not to get overwhelmed. Keep in mind as to what you expect out of bike and mods. Best of luck.....

re: Just looking for an opinion on what to do.

Do your home work find stuff you like and spend cash wisely .
Then start making payments to your self and you can buy your next one cash enjoy the ride.
That's the plan haha. Next bike I either want a Dyna or Softail (for more comfortable long rides).

1ST question I have is, you are waiting till winter. Right????:)
The best way to do mods is in steps. Like bundle performance mods, exhaust and air filter or body mods, IE paint, seat etc. So sit down think it out and try not to get overwhelmed. Keep in mind as to what you expect out of bike and mods. Best of luck.....
Yes, will be waiting for winter. By then I will have more money and will not be missing out on any riding time. :D

Thanks for the tip! By the looks of things, I will be doing body mods first.

Simple on a sporty.
If you are going to do headers and slipons pick out a set up you like. Get new gaskets and clamps and go for it.
Have you given any though to how you want to add some fuel ?

I will take a look. Any recommendations?

I am not sure what the bolded part means. :(

Simple on a sporty.
If you are going to do headers and slipons pick out a set up you like. Get new gaskets and clamps and go for it.
Have you given any though to how you want to add some fuel ?

I will take a look. Any recommendations?

I am not sure what the bolded part means. :(
It looks like you may have bolded that part as it is not bolded in Smittys reply.

TFI is the only way to go. Best bang for the buck and easy DIY installation.
Best of all it works and there's great support if you need it.

TFI Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community

That's the plan haha. Next bike I either want a Dyna or Softail (for more comfortable long rides).

Just a thought, but have you considered saving the money you were gonna put into your Sporty and using it towards your newer Dyna or Softail??? You won't get back the money you invest in the Sporty.

Just a thought, but have you considered saving the money you were gonna put into your Sporty and using it towards your newer Dyna or Softail??? You won't get back the money you invest in the Sporty.
Thanks glider. :)

Yes, I should probably do that, especially considering that my dream bike is a Heritage Softail Classic. :p

You might consider Progressive or other brand of after market shocks along with fork springs. Sportster are known for poor riding stock supension.

John

Back