free website stats program just got new bike home and have a big problem | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

just got new bike home and have a big problem

I still have the primary cover off. How much thread of the rod should be exposed? There is approx 2" of total thread. About 1.25 " is exposed. Should I screw more of the thread in? I should have taken more detailed pictures during tear down.

I suggest following Bubbie's procedure above, or any of the other ones found here:

Transmission,Clutch and Primary (Drive Train) - Harley Davidson Community

Basically, I do it like Bubbie said:

1. Collapse clutch cable sheath adjuster
  2. Back off adjuster lock nut
  3. Turn adjuster screw in using forefinger and thumb only on allen wrench
  4. Back off adjuster screw 1/2 turn from finger "tight" (you can see the lock plate move slightly)
  5. Tighten up the lock nut making sure not to disturb the position of the adjuster
  6. Adjust the clutch cable sheath until the lever has about 1/4" of play
  7. Close everything up and back it out!!
TQ

Clutch adjustment ids the hardest part of this entire procedure. Be patient and follow the advice here and you will get it.

FYI. My 2006 Streetbob threw it's rotor bolts into the stator a couple years ago. The only year for the 2 piece rotor and I know why! I hope your replacement rotor wasn't an OEM 2 piece rotor. If it is you will no doubt be doing this entire process again one day. Most replacement rotors for the 2006 Dyna are now elder together. Some on this forum have tack welded their rotor bolts in place.

Back