free website stats program Just got my new 2014 Street Glide FLHX | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just got my new 2014 Street Glide FLHX

I just got one on Sunday. Charcoal grey. Is it me or does it seem that these bike kind of vibrate a lot at idle and when deaccelerating. Traded ion my 08 fatboy.

Let me answer this question...

I went from a '08 Heritage Softail to my 2014 Street Glide.

There is definitely a BIG difference and I'm surprised you are not aware of this fact;

The Softail line of bikes uses the balanced shaft engine which cuts down on most of the shake (vibration) from the engine. This is essentially an internal counter balance for the engine. Get used to this new engine and the bike because it will shake at idle and at other times.

The touring bikes do NOT use the balanced shaft engine so it shakes. That's what the Harley engine is all about.

This is going to be one very long winter waiting to enjoy this bike this coming spring
:s
I couldn't agree more. I bought the same Bike in Charcoal Pearl,:D

Good Luck to both of us!:newsmile078:

Since having my 2014 Street Glide delivered to my home on New Year's Year, I did have a few riding days to take it out for brief rides. Bike now has 130 miles on the odometer.

While sitting in the garage these few months, I did add some accessories as seen in the updated pictures; Mustang rider backrest, Harley sissy bar and pad and a new taller 8" windshield by Freedom Shields. I haven't been able to try out the new light grey tint windshield since installing it yesterday. It is definitely a thicker material than stock.

The only other changes made since these pictures were taken is a change from the dark tint to a light grey tint (essentially clear). The dark tint just doesn't work when the shield gets taller.

Attachments

• photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 48
  • photo13.jpg
    photo13.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 45
So how has it behaved since you bought it? It's been a few months now. I just got one and I'm interested in your review.

So how has it behaved since you bought it? It's been a few months now. I just got one and I'm interested in your review.

HDOT,

That's a tough question for me to answer. Only have 130 miles on the bike and in my opinion that isn't enough time in the saddle to make a good review. Most of the days that I got the bike out were either windy and/or cold so it wasn't a good ride for me. I was riding the bike very easy to slowly "break-in" the bike so I didn't really get on the gas to feel the power. I can say that the front end felt light and easy to handle compared to a 2011 model of the FLHX that I sat on.

Since you're in Miami, you must be riding the heck out of your FLHX. Let's hear your review.

Hopefully soon, we here, in the Northeast will see better riding conditions and then I'll be be able to make a better review. It hasn't been easy walking into the garage these past three months just looking at the Street Glide sitting there.

Well I've been riding as much as my schedule will allow me. As of this post it has 77 miles. It's my first Harley so I wouldn't know the difference. A few friends talked me out of buying a Breakout I was eyeballing. They said yeah the Breakout is badass but in the long run I wouldn't regret getting the FLHXS simply because it rides better on long hauls. Eventually down the road I will get a soft tail and customize the heck out of it. Even though I must say I've already seen some custom baggers that were very appealing. Cheers to you and ride hard, ride safe.

Update. I've been riding my bike everyday to work. uploadfromtaptalk1397009355919.jpgI installed the removable passenger backrest so my wife could ride with me on the weekends . It made a world of a difference. It was more comfortable for her and for me as well. Not having the pressure of her holding on to me I'm able to control the bike a lot more. Almost feels as if I'm riding alone. It has officially 400 miles now.

Update. I've been riding my bike everyday to work. View attachment 15608I installed the removable passenger backrest so my wife could ride with me on the weekends . It made a world of a difference. It was more comfortable for her and for me as well. Not having the pressure of her holding on to me I'm able to control the bike a lot more. Almost feels as if I'm riding alone. It has officially 400 miles now.

Replacing the Street Glide passenger pegs with actual floorboards also greatly enhances passenger comfort. Easy swap and doesn't really change the looks of the bike at all.

Replacing the Street Glide passenger pegs with actual floorboards also greatly enhances passenger comfort. Easy swap and doesn't really change the looks of the bike at all.

That's a great idea. Looking into that right now. Thanks Dr.

Back