free website stats program Just got my 08 RK and want to change the fluids | Harley Davidson Forums

Just got my 08 RK and want to change the fluids

Dango789

I'm brand new here and have already found a lot of great info.
I'm looking to change my 3 fluids and wondering what to use. I mean I know that some people use 20W50 for all three, but is it that much better to use 75W90 for tranny and maybe even chaincase? Thanks to all replies.

I'm brand new here and have already found a lot of great info.
I'm looking to change my 3 fluids and wondering what to use. I mean I know that some people use 20W50 for all three, but is it that much better to use 75W90 for tranny and maybe even chaincase? Thanks to all replies.

My choices in (the)

I'd use a 20/50 for the engine Full synthetic. (Redline)

Use a wet clutch/primary lube for V-twin for the Primary (redline MTL)

(Redline Shockproof Heavy) for the tyranny.... Gear oil other wise 75/140.

signed....BUBBIE

And welcome to THE forum. Checkout the self help section and the search function at the top of the page.

Bodeen

Welcome to the forum. Big old can of worms you are trying to open. Good info above.
Tons of info on subject if you search for it. I personnaly use Mobil 1 V-twin 20W-50 in crank, Spectro GL-5 (Platinum) in tranny for 6- speed, and Spectro primary fluid. Heard great things about Redline but can get Spectro and Mobil 1 from local area and don't have to go out of my way.

Back