free website stats program Just found a Signature | Harley Davidson Forums

Just found a Signature

R_W_B

Well I just (finally) found a signature I kinda like. I've never been one for a signature since they are too parameter restictive and just don't seem to apply across the board and well..... just never found one I wanted sitting on my post all the time. Although I like Bubbies Signature, it really wouldn't be true for me, unless I changed it to only "Quite often I am Wrong" LOL.

But on another Forum I saw one that I really liked. Out of respect for the gentlemen that already has it, I will not post it on that forum. Actually when I PM'd him about it he said he did not come up with it but it was originallly said by Doctor Martin Luther King Jr.

Anyhow I thought I would have my first signature and post it up on here.
[Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.]

So now the question is what is really important, whoa that ought to keep a simple character like me busy for awhile. My Dad used to always say it was better to keep you mouth shut and let others wonder if you were ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt. But I found life to be very lonely keeping my mouth shut, hence I have revealed much of my ignorance along the way.

Admittely wisdom is not ONLY seaching (and finding) what's important but also knowing when and where it's appropriate to say something of it. I am (as I'm sure all of you too) are still working on that one.

But lets always seek to say the important things, where possible and pertinant, and to help each other in as much as possible. It's really the tech threads that I enjoy the most, and seeing a problem solved even if I'm just lurking in the background leaning.

Oops forgot to actually "put" the signature in the signature, so I need to now make a trip to my profile.

Hmmm evidently a Signature is not retroactive to previous posts. I post this up and see if it shows since I put it in my UserCP a few minutes ago.

Ah ha, there it is my first signature (well copied from Mr. King). But it's a good un.

Last edited by a moderator:
RWB you have found a great quote by a great man. Now if we can find the things that we need to speak up about and be able to find middle ground with those we disagree with. Just because people have an outlet for their opinions doesn't mean that they always think how it will impact others before they speak out. Hopefully someday everyone will be like Fin and have their minds enguaged before they fire off that post.

. . . . . . . . . . . . Hopefully someday everyone will be like Fin and have their minds enguaged before they fire off that post.

LOL LOL .... . . LOL. I can't help it and I hope Brian doesn't take it the wrong way and get mad at me. But his posts have always cracked me up in a good way. I can't quite put it into words why.

He is very intelligent, very experienced, very polite, very tough in military and fighting stuff etc etc. But I would be hard pressed to find posts that I enjoyed reading more than Brians. I think Bubbie would be second runner up.

But there is a lot of character (both obvious and hidden) rolled into Brian. If I ever do get over the Pond I want to meet him. He says he doesn't like to drink whiskey because he has such violent temper. But he is one of the most together guys I have come to know on a forum.

Oh and by the way he is about the best expert I ever read on fixing and balancing wheels and tires though some of his very functional equipment does not appear all the eloquent.

Oh BTW my email notification does not work. So I don't alway remember reply to every thread I post on. Just wanted to make sure nobody thought I was ignoring them.

Wouldn't want to be a wee bit anti social.

Im feeling a wee bit tired tonight..:)

You just need to go sit by the glen with Brian and drink a wee bit of his wine. I would say more but my old memory is so bad I can't pull up any of his better lines.

Back