free website stats program Just for fun. What month do you break out the Harley for riding... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just for fun. What month do you break out the Harley for riding...

Same Here Mrs2cool. Stabil ,battery Tender And Full Tank Ready To Ride Whenever Possible. We Rode New Years Day 107 Miles. Was Supposed To Be Around 40 But It Was Really Not Quite 30 And Very Windy. It Was Stupid But It Was Awhole Lot Of Fun.

I don't care about the month, only the temp. 50 and dry roads, and I'll run off like a dog off the chain with the back gate open.

I'm only in the US a couple months a year so even though I live in the Pacific northwest if I'm home the bike is out and i'm on it unless there is snow on the street. just finished a 30 day leave and was able to ride all but a week of it. I can dress for cold but it's the ice thats a pain :)

Flash

I'm one of the lucky once that gets to ride year around. I may have a week or two that is a litttle to cold but that is about it.

I live in SC so never really put mine away. Like 2 days ago it got up to 65 degrees so as soon as the sun came up I went out it was still 45 at the time but as the temp went up I started shedding layers.:newsmile016:

The weather peeps said we had the possiblity of black ice this morning so i left the scoot at home. Tomorrow and wed we might have light showers and sunny in the low 40's thur and fri.so i will probably ride the rest of the week. When you have a 60 mile comute you might as well have fun doing it.

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Have over 1,300 miles since Christmas.. some of that was down to 35 deg but the Gerbing heated wear takes care of that...

Last edited:
Ride several times a month during the winter. Rode last Friday, but spent yesterday washing all of the salt residue off. It looked like it was sugar coated.
I think I saw you out Friday.......I was working only wishing I could be having some fun. However, I could never take the deuce out in the salt, I would have to opt for my '86 dual sport.....can't worry too much about plastic & rust. :D

There are days that you just can't get the Lady out. Just too much ice. But, she's ready to rock 'n roll everyday of the year. In fact it's suppose to be 70 degree's today, so my 3 mile ride home will take approx. 2 hours. :D A bit icy this morning due to freezing fog, but other than that......it's all good.
UglyJohn

Back