free website stats program Just for fun. What month do you break out the Harley for riding... | Harley Davidson Forums

Just for fun. What month do you break out the Harley for riding...

JustDave

A Just for fun conversation starter....

I am lucky in that I live in Florida and Riding 12 months is "possible". (With the exception of a few cold days like this week.)

At what point to you break out the bike and get back to riding?

Any time it's at least 38 - 40 with sunshine and light winds and I can be sure there is no ice on the road or under the leaves on the road.

For about the last 3 years, I have gotten at least 1 ride in each month. This year there will be no ride in January, as the streak is broken!

Ride several times a month during the winter. Rode last Friday, but spent yesterday washing all of the salt residue off. It looked like it was sugar coated.

I live in the Houston area. Ride all year as long as the chance of rain is 30% or less.

TQ

A maritime climate like England's means that there's only the occasional few days of ice or snow when the bike should stay in the garage or on the drive. We're lucky that way.

I never put it away, went out yesterday. It got up in the upper 40s in SJ when out for a few hours just ridin. It put a smile on my face!

Back