free website stats program Just Finished Breaking In New Motor?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Finished Breaking In New Motor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give an update, after 6000 trouble free miles on my street glide I decided to trade it in on a new Ultra Classic Limited. So, I definately be doing the 30-60-30 break in on this bike. My street glide did not give me 1 second of trouble.

Just wanted to give an update, after 6000 trouble free miles on my street glide I decided to trade it in on a new Ultra Classic Limited. So, I definately be doing the 30-60-30 break in on this bike. My street glide did not give me 1 second of trouble.

I did the same break in method on my new scoot yesterday. After I hit 60 in 3rd gear and let off the throttle with no braking, it sure took a while to slow down to 30 mph before I accelerated and did it again. I'll still take it easy on her until I hit 500 miles which could be today :D
And I don't think there is any Ultra Classic Limited. They are either Classics or Limiteds. The Limiteds are just fancier classics with the chrome luggage rack on top of the tour pack, fancier gauges, ABS, security system, and a few other upgrades. I was playing with mine yesterday and noticed a chrome knob inside the fairing. I had no idea what it was. Though it might be some sort of quick release button for the fairing, but there wasn't one on the other side. I pushed it and nothing happened. Turned on the ignition and pushed it again. 10 seconds later it popped out. It's a cigarette lighter!!!!! I had no idea. Didn't look like a lighter, but its very convenient. Ever try to light a smoke with a Zippo doing 80 mph???

Sorry Ultra Limited...

A quick release for the fairing? Wow
WAP.gif

Took the bike out this afternoon with 13 miles on it and did the 30-60-30 about 10-11 times. I must admit its a little un nerving to do that to a new motor but glad I did. Gonna take it easy on it till 500 miles.

Wow...bike #2 within two years - congrats. Only thing I can recommend is to "full throttle" the acceleration cycles, when doing the 30-60 climb because the intent is to seat those rings. Also, according to MotoTune, when done you change oil & ride normal (vs. gentle) because the motor's considered done w/break-in. Enjoy the new scoot - will we be reading another break-in from you in Nov 2013?? :D

No!!!! :) I am done. I found on the street glide I always needed more room for my stuff, now I have extra. I love this bike!

I did not go full throttle but at least 3/4. I gave it to it pretty hard. Some runs were harder than others due to traffic but I feel pretty good about it.
WAP.gif

Yep gonna do mine that way when I buy it .. done it to my 96 sporty lol it had 18000 on it at the time .. it was probably already seeted .. I miss Glider , Sharp dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back