free website stats program Just Curiuos | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Curiuos

BuffaloBill

Spoke to a Tech in the harely Dealer Yesterday while picking up some goodies for the New UGC ansd he noticed that I do not have my Accesory or Cruise conrol on He said that it is better to leave everything on the on position when riding. How many of you ride with all the Switches on the "ON" position.
I usually do not have any switches on the On position until I use them

Thanks
BuffaloBILL

Spoke to a Tech in the harely Dealer Yesterday while picking up some goodies for the New UGC ansd he noticed that I do not have my Accesory or Cruise conrol on He said that it is better to leave everything on the on position when riding. How many of you ride with all the Switches on the "ON" position.
I usually do not have any switches on the On position until I use them

Thanks
BuffaloBILL

I usually ride with only the speakers and fog/driving lights on. I DEFINITELY leave the Cruise switch off until I want to use it. Don't want to accidently set the cruise when not intending to. I do not use the utilities right now, so that switch is off too. I suspect this is all personal choice.

TQ

I'd really like to know the reasoning for leaving the switches in the on position.
I've never heard of this.
If you get a chance, perhaps you could ask the tech why and let us all know.

Bone

No sensible reason I can think of the leave the switches on unless you are using that feature.

I usually ride with only the speakers and fog/driving lights on. I DEFINITELY leave the Cruise switch off until I want to use it. Don't want to accidently set the cruise when not intending to. I do not use the utilities right now, so that switch is off too. I suspect this is all personal choice.

TQ

Second that!

only thing i have on is the passing lamps everything else i leave off makes no sense to leave stuff on esp the cruise

No sensible reason I can think of the leave the switches on unless you are using that feature.

I'm with Glider, in fact I hate that all the headlights and accessorys come on draining extra power from your battery just before you hit the starter and draw close to 80-90A additional (or more if bike is warm and a piston is on the compression stroke) if ever heard your starter make an objectionable clank, you'll know what I mean.

Metrics commonly used a relay(s) that kept everything off until the engine was out of start mode, and running before the lights and the rest would come on all the time for the safety-crats. :bigsmiley31:

Last edited:
Back