just bought a 08 nightster!! now for the forward controls

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by platz2001us, May 2, 2010.

1. platz2001us

platz2001us New Member

hello everybody, I have just picked up an 08, Nightster. first thing is i need forward controls quick. but there seems to be only a couple out there that are black. I am not into paying over $400 for something i fabbed and made chrome for my 99 vulcan. ANY IDEAS

2. ewiltgen

ewiltgen Member

Congrats on the new sporty. I put the H-D chrome on my wifes XL883L they are very well made. The MOCO make a black set part # 33397-07A it is $399.00 though. I doubt you will find anything better or even close to as well made for a substantial savings.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Congrats, and welcome to the forum, hard to beat HD parts they fit good and are made for your bike :)

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

5. hogrotten

hogrotten Junior Member

I'd say if you made em for your other bike you should be able to make them for the sporty,my brother did his. Just put your thinkin cap on.:s

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

If you can fabricate your own, suppose you could...but then if you have a new ride...something that is going to be a part of the bike may be more cost effective to spend the money on it and save your time & materials for those items that better utilize your brain power and resources...

[​IMG]