free website stats program Just bought '09 Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just bought '09 Road King

Thanks for the responses.

I was looking at the GMA10.pdf download from Harley's website and on page "Touring 379" it shows the Premium Leather Tour Pak as part number 79189-06.

However the description says "Fits ’97-’08 Road King®, Road Glide®, Electra Glide® Standard and Street Glide® models equipped with Tour-Pak Rack and appropriate Docking Hardware Kits."

Breeze3at, I guess as you mentioned, Harley did not update the description on this item. Problem is that the local dealers here do not keep these items in stock so I needed to be sure before ordering this. Thanks again.

Doc, thanks for the link. I looked at this just now but the Premium Leather Tour Pak (the one that supports the wrap around passenger backrest) is not listed for the 09.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Matt! You've got it right, coming to this site. You'll also find that while the HD parts catalog is like a Christmas wish book, you very often can't rely on their fitment info. Best bet is to do what you've already done, come here!

If the bag doesn't mount out of the box, it shouldn't take much to modify it to work. The other option is to wait a couple months and rest asure there will be an application available for your bike.

Welcome to the community

Great ride, you will love it.
Maybe the confusion is because the '09's have the wider rear tire meaning the RACK (docking points) from earlier models will not fit, but the TP maywell fit the newer style rack. Be carefull when buying acc for this bike, with the wider tire and longer frame, you'll need to make sure they will fit. Don't let somebody at a swap meet sell you something with a "it should fit" type comment.
Have a great time.

Hey Matt, First off, welcome! I would think the king size tour pack would fit, but I agree it's a chance. But on page 385, it does list '09 and later tour-pak's for the FLHR but not the oversized one. If you want the tour pack that matches the RK classic look then page 378 list the classic tour-pak and the "tour-pak rack" is seperate hardware for specific years. I would think once you get the proper tour-pak rack mounted to your bike any tour pak would fit on top. Hope this helps Tom

Matt, check the on-line catalog the part numbers for the 08 and the 09 leather styling tour pacs are identical, you should have no trouble with fitament as long as you have the proper docking kit for your 09. The tour pac will need to be drilled anyway to fit the mounting bracket, make sure you test mount it on the bike and have your rider check it too so you provide enough room for both of you. Check you licence plate mount too, you might need to change it for the New Tour Pac. Welcome to the wonderful world of Harley, there ain't nothing like em.

Thanks for the welcome notes! It really does feel good being part of the Harley family.

Doc, just so I understand, are you saying that the Premuim Leather Tour Pak (pn 79189-06 with wrap around passenger backrest pn 90067-06) should fit on the 09 RKC so long as I use the Detachable Two-up Tour Pak (pn 53276-09a with appropriate docking hardware)? Even though this particular tour pak is listed for 97-08 Road Kings? Sorry, just want to make sure. Thanks

Biglew 55 installed one, take a look...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/harley_davidson_product_review/15934-leather_looking_tour_pak.html

Back