free website stats program Just bought '09 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Just bought '09 Road King

MattinAus

Hi All.

Absolute newbie with Harleys but just bought a 09 Road King Classic and was wondering if any of you have managed to get a Premuim Leather Tour Pak installed on a 09 RKC. This tour pak is listed up to 08 only. Surely with a little adaptation of the bracket, it could fit on the 09 RKC? Any thoughts?

Apologies if I posted this on the wrong thread.

MA:
sorry I can't help you but I wanted to take a moment to say welcome aboard and nice choice of rides (can you show us a picture when you get a chance).

Welcome aboard Mattinaus! I am with Gas Gauge, I dont know but someone will have the answer for you shortly.

Thanks for the welcome notes! It really does feel good being part of the Harley family.

Doc, just so I understand, are you saying that the Premuim Leather Tour Pak (pn 79189-06 with wrap around passenger backrest pn 90067-06) should fit on the 09 RKC so long as I use the Detachable Two-up Tour Pak (pn 53276-09a with appropriate docking hardware)? Even though this particular tour pak is listed for 97-08 Road Kings? Sorry, just want to make sure. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome notes! It really does feel good being part of the Harley family.

Doc, just so I understand, are you saying that the Premuim Leather Tour Pak (pn 79189-06 with wrap around passenger backrest pn 90067-06) should fit on the 09 RKC so long as I use the Detachable Two-up Tour Pak (pn 53276-09a with appropriate docking hardware)? Even though this particular tour pak is listed for 97-09 Road Kings? Sorry, just want to make sure. Thanks

I guess I'm confused. Do you already have the tour pak whose part number/fitment only goes up to 2008 and you want to know if there's a way to make it fit your 09? If not, you simply have to spend some careful time in the P&A catalog to get a tour pak, rack, and docking hardware for your year and model bike. I highly recommend getting the detachable hardware.

Hi Doc.

I guess the confusion for me is that the Premuim Leather Tour Pak is listed for year models up to 08 and my RKC is a 09. There must be some incompatibility of the TP for it not to be listed for a 09 as well.

However, I am hoping that someone would have tried to fit this TP to an 09 RKC and could share the experience.

Hi Doc.

I guess the confusion for me is that the Premuim Leather Tour Pak is listed for year models up to 08 and my RKC is a 09. There must be some incompatibility of the TP for it not to be listed for a 09 as well.

However, I am hoping that someone would have tried to fit this TP to an 09 RKC and could share the experience.

I don't know where you're getting your model year/fitment info from. Local dealer here has an accessories link that shows lots of tour paks for an 09 FLHRC:

Georgia Motorcycle Dealer - Earl Small's Harley-Davidson - Buell

Or you can go to the HD site and download the entire P&A catalog and get the specific part numbers for tour paks for your bike. Then go to Zanotti's to get just about the best internet prices on HD stuff.

Welcome MA. Like Dr.D. said, several leather packs listed and the model years include '09. I think H.D. may not have updated the nomenclature on the S.E. leather tour pack to include '09-'10. Do the '09 -'10's S.E.'s have a different tour pack? It's only a box,
(famous last words) the critical items are docking kit and rack.

Back