free website stats program Just another sharetime | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just another sharetime

"Hey Joe" has always been one of my favorites. Having been lucky enough to have seen him in concert 3 times, twice with the Experience, once with Band of Gypsies, I really liked his live music. That's when he really "cooked". Voodoo Chile Slight Return is probably my favorite live tune. Still have original vinyl I pull out from time to time.

Jimi was a great Strat player and did play them in a way that no one else did. He actually restrung the right-hand version of the Stratocaster.

Jimi used right-handed guitars which he played upside down after he restrung them for left-hand playing. The result of doing this had an effect on his guitar sound because of the slant of the Strat's bridge pickups, his low string had a bright sound while his higher string had a mellow sound, the opposite of the Stratocaster's design. Genius and innovative in his quest to make his own music.

Wow!, Thanks for that bit of knowledge that escaped me all these years and I thought I knew a little bit about the man. But I did not know that he restrung the strings like that (or else I forgot). I would think he had to reverse the Bridge bone and head bone (or aka nuts) to make the strings fit ??

Just brought out the crash landing album. Put it on the old turntable and sounds as good as it did back in 68-69? My brother has every album that Jimi recorded and some are not even opened up. Ah to be young.

Not quite... MOS = Military Occupational Specialty

just sayin'

Well it's been so many years I'm in no position to argue, but everyone when I was in told me it was Main Object of Service, but then that bunch of draftees probably didn't get it right. Heck all the college boys were draft differred and did not have to serve back then so that just left us dummies.

Just kidding guys, they were the best the people I served with. And thank you IBA I stand corrected. Always glad to illuminate my old mind, it's kinda dark in there. I was really enlighted by Tank in that I did not know that Jimi reversed his strings, I actually thought he played them upside down. Guess that would be too much of feat even for Jimi.

I do remember though that everyone had a secondary MOS of 11 Bravo, except of course the ones that had 11 Bravo as their main.

Well it's been so many years I'm in no position to argue, but everyone when I was in told me it was Main Object of Service, but then that bunch of draftees probably didn't get it right. Heck all the college boys were draft differred and did not have to serve back then so that just left us dummies.

Just kidding guys, they were the best the people I served with. And thank you IBA I stand corrected. Always glad to illuminate my old mind, it's kinda dark in there. I was really enlighted by Tank in that I did not know that Jimi reversed his strings, I actually thought he played them upside down. Guess that would be too much of feat even for Jimi.

Last edited by a moderator:
(sharpscuba must have had a problem with his edit or else my browser is failing to read it correctly, but my email notification made it clear enough for me to fix it here)

... . .. .. .. I do remember though that everyone had a secondary MOS of 11 Bravo, except of course the ones that had 11 Bravo as their main.

That would be 11 BUSH.

Yes that is correct my friend, I was stating the Non Viet Nam connotation of it.

Also IBA, I looked it up and you were correct, it is Military Occupational Specialty. It is verified in the very first part of this video.

YouTube - Army MOS 21B Combat Engineer

The main thing of this video I remember more than all the others was ' Long Hours ' .

Hats off to Jimi, listened to Red House last night. It was more than just his fantastic guitar ability, it was his whole type of music that I loved. Course I'm pretty open minded with music, I love County and Rock too. Never could seem to embrace Rap though. Just didn't do much for me.

Back