free website stats program Just added some "character" to my bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Just added some "character" to my bike

Mavagrand

Some may know I recently got married and have moved in with my new wife while renting my house. Well, there is no garage/car port for my scoot and the house sits on 5 acres beside a lake. a lot of wind. parked my bike close to the front of the house and covered it to keep it outta the wind as I didn't want the cover blown off, the Florida sun is brutal on the paint. Anyway, I noticed a small palm tree type bush by the front tire, the kind with the real prickly fronds on it. Well, I didn't worry cause I made sure when I covered the bike to keep the fronds away. somehow (wind, Im sure) the frond got pulled UNDER the cover during the week. pulled her out today to get ready for a ride and...errrrrr on the lower right side of my fairing and on the right front tip of my front fender are deep scratches from that frond...oh well...never been one to baby my bike, I would rather just ride..but I didn't need it scratched like this...lesson learned.

A new wife to share the HD experience...! Once you both have a little time in the saddle together, she just may opt for that garage for your ride or may her's as well? Enjoy the ride, it gets even better when the math adds up to greater than two!!! :newsmile092:

New wife, congrats. Scratched bike, bummer. I would suggest painting some walls in the house before sanding, priming and painting that fender. I've been married 30 years this year and my wife still gets jealous if I spend to much time in the garage. I kept telling her my bike it's a FatBob, not a SkinnyBetty. :bigsmiley20:

thanx guys, I will do a search on this forum and find out the best way to buff. I hope it works. Like I said, I'm not one of those anal guys that carry detail spray with them on rides, but I do try and take care of her. By the way, the wife and I have dated for the past three years..she loves riding as much as I, so I am indeed blessed.

Harley does a good job with their paint work, lots of clear. If it hasn't hit the color you may be able to sand and buff the clear. By hand this almost never works. Find a good body shop and have them try buffing it out for you.

Back