free website stats program Just a thought about the forum.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Just a thought about the forum..

mat 60

First let me be clear that Im happy with all the changes that have taken place here..The only thing that I dont like is negative comments are still being made about how the forum was run when Larry was in charge...I wish it would stop...Why do I care...Well ,,Dont no...In reality I bet he dislikes me the most....My intention was not to drive him off the forum ...I can see why he hasn't posted much lately......If any of you feel Im wrong then go ahead and let me have it....Mat

Mat, I think there was enough blame to go round for all involved, that said this decision was made behind closed doors with Larry and Speed I am guessing. I am pretty sure Larry will come back on and post again:s

They will in time. There was a lot of negative things done during his tenure. There's a reason for the resurgence in old members now. Just sayin'.

Mat,
You have always been very truthful and to the point with a lot of integrity with your responses. It is, what it is, and as the saying goes you reap what you sow....... So as the correction of the damage that had been created, I think what you are seeing is the comparison of what was to the positive inputs and contributions of both past and present Members that you have not seen in a long time. As Jack said the powers to be had seen what was happening and decided to put a end to it. Truthful negative comments were showing that the overall consensus of public opinion, was that something had to change.
Business is business, nothing personal.......:s

Mat, thanks for your post and there is at least one of us out here that agrees that enough is enough. If the forum is to move forward we as a group need to put the past to rest and be grown up enough to know when to let go of the negative. The forum is made up of many different personalities and we can all agree that we do not always agree, but we do have the same love of our rides and maintaining them. This is what the forum is here for and the negative comments made do nothing to further that goal. JMO HDDon

Hey Mat,
In my opinion we all need not dwell on the past, today's a new day and the forum is alive and well. I enjoy seeing the banter back and forth and the new and the (well let me say not so new members) having a good time and helping each other out. :s

We are ALL brothers of the same sun.....
WAP.gif

Hey Mat,
In my opinion we all need not dwell on the past, today's a new day and the forum is alive and well. I enjoy seeing the banter back and forth and the new and the (well let me say not so new members) having a good time and helping each other out. :s

In actuality Jeff with the amount of traffic the forum is seeing, it is in direct relationship to the proceedings in the last week. and deserve conversation. As with all forums, some just can not understand, that the recent events is the catalyst for all the positive bantering and future along with the participation from Members who we thought we lost....:s You know the big picture.... And I do not think anyone is blowing things out of proportion.

There we go again, old and lost or lost and old??????:dknow

I'm not exactly sure what occurred on this forum, that caused so many of the original members to leave. But I'm always for letting the past be the past, and move on. What's happened here is simply great, and I hope it continues. I also hope more of the "old" and "lost":p members find their way home! The whole atmosphere around here has lightened up, and it's more like it was when I joined. Just my take on everything.

I'm not exactly sure what occurred on this forum, that caused so many of the original members to leave. But I'm always for letting the past be the past, and move on. What's happened here is simply great, and I hope it continues. I also hope more of the "old" and "lost":p members find their way home! The whole atmosphere around here has lightened up, and it's more like it was when I joined. Just my take on everything.

Same as here! But I noticed that I am enjoying more than before. Those old timers know what they are doing. I am glad to be part of them! :small3d028:

Back