free website stats program Just a short run today | Harley Davidson Forums

Just a short run today

RD King

Started out this morning in Deland and took a trip thru the Ocala National Forest to Palatka, Bunnell and back home just in time to set out on my swing out front and watch what was maybe the best shuttle launch I’ve seen of all times. Did anyone else out there get to watch it up close and personal?

So, do you know how to use a camera and post pictures?

Tried to get to the cape to see a launch one time. Left Disney World 21/2 hours before launch time and thought we would have plenty of time but we didn't figure on being bogged down at a half dozen toll booths. all we saw was vapor trail going up.

Like anything Hobbit, words cannot describe but it is amazing to watch the ball of fire as it lights the sky, climbs into space and realize that man doesn't really know a whole lot yet accomplishes this. Tonight’s launch was absolutely beautiful.

Sorry David, I am the last person you want taking pictures and no I dont have any. Probably because it is a common occurence to me I dont even think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
David, are you in the orlando area?

No, St. louis, but we've had Three vacations at Disney and hopefully we will do it again someday. Allso spent Four days in Fort Lauderdale before going on a cruise a few years ago. Hope to do that again next year.

Hobbit,

Have you toured Glastonbury? "And did those feet in ancient time" the song from Blake's poem is one of my favorites. I hope before I'm done I get to visit there.

David,

My mother-in-law is just about 45 minutes or miles depending on how you want to say it just east of St. louey in Illinois, Greenville.

My wife had an Aunt and Uncle that lived in Greenville for awhile back in the 70's . Then they moved Fla. They have both passed on since.

down in the west palm area and still saw the shuttle go up, when it's clear you can see the ball of fire, really amazing, took the kids years ago to see john geln go up, they were still little, they thought the squirrels were more interesting, nice day for riding, got out for a couple hrs, wanted to go longer but had work around the house to get done, it should be work 2 days and have 5 off, more time to ride then

myth or truth, I believe all mythology has at the very least a bit of truth to it.

Thanks Garlab,

Your the first from the West Palm area to let me know the launch was visible from there. I have had sightings reported from as far north as Jax. That just about covers the whole east coast of FLA.

Back