free website stats program Just a question | Harley Davidson Forums

Just a question

chuck60

I bought a used 2012 softail classic and it has python slip ons a screaming eagle air intake and a screaming eagle download. Now my question is, what stage is this considered, a 1 or 2. Thanks Charlie

I bought a used 2012 softail classic and it has python slip ons a screaming eagle air intake and a screaming eagle download. Now my question is, what stage is this considered, a 1 or 2. Thanks Charlie

I believe this is a stage 1, and unless I miss my guess running pretty lean and in need of some type of fueler.

I'm not real mechanical so, what or why would it be running lean and how would I know.

Have a look at your exhaust, what color do you see? If it is light tan or white you are lean, reading spark plugs is not accurate any more unless you understand the firing lines and heat rings on the threads

Your bike came from the factory tuned to a very lean condition because of EPA standards. The download might have provided a decent running condition but it is still lean. With a tuner such as the Dobeck Gen 3 your bike will run better and cooler. I mention the Gen 3 because Dobeck give forum members a discount. There are many fuelers on the market.

Your bike came from the factory tuned to a very lean condition because of EPA standards. The download might have provided a decent running condition but it is still lean. With a tuner such as the Dobeck Gen 3 your bike will run better and cooler. I mention the Gen 3 because Dobeck give forum members a discount. There are many fuelers on the market.

Don is right on the money here, in fact my local dealer asked me if I wanted the H D download or if I had a fueler, the techs there recommended a fueler of my choice over the H D download Harley Davidson Forums have a look here:D

Back