Just a little loud?

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Fireguy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

I finally put my tru duals on my uc and love the nice clean look, BUT it now has a little louder sound with a raspey sound when I hit it hard. I ordered some baffles from big city for the head pipe. Should this help with the sound to make it a little quieter? I would rather not put the stock pipes back on. ( Help me out Glider..Or should I say DR. Harley)

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

I forget what mufflers you have but there's always a chance of different baffles too from the manufacturer of the mufflers. The TD will be a bit louder with most any aftermarket muffler.

3. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

The mufflers are screamin eagles slash up. They do not have a removable baffles in them. The sound with the stock head pipes sounded great but I really like the looks of the TD. I am putting in the Big City baffles that go in the head pipe where the muffler is. They told me it would deepen the sound and give me a liitle more back pressure to help with performance. Any other thought? I will do a video of this step and tell you how it goes.

4. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

Thank you Hobbit...I will post my result on the forum.

5. mikefxst

mikefxst Banned

just dont forget the old saying
    LOUD PIPES save lives.........well not all the time but its a helper
    keep on--keepin on!

6. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

Well I finally put the Thunder Baffles on my 2008 UC. The baffles helped a little but not enough for my liking. I am going back to the stock head pipes and just keeping the slip- on screamin eagle mufflers . Anyone interested in a set of Dresser dauls from V&H just get hold of me.

7. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

if you like the look of the true dual maybe you could get a quieter muffler.

8. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

what I would like to have go away is the sharp rapping sound. What muffler would you recommend?

9. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

My screamin eagle mufflers don't have removable baffles. I was thinking about the new monster ovals from V&H.

10. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

The dresser duals don't have baffles....I am getting the feeling I have no baffles on my bike. LOL. The baffle from thunder just go into the end of the end pipe. They are a tube with a washer wielded to it. I thought about putting my stock muffles back on to see if that would help with my sound. If it does then I will go for a different set of muffles. But does anyone have the monster ovals and how do thy like them.