free website stats program Just a little loud? | Harley Davidson Forums

Just a little loud?

Fireguy

I finally put my tru duals on my uc and love the nice clean look, BUT it now has a little louder sound with a raspey sound when I hit it hard. I ordered some baffles from big city for the head pipe. Should this help with the sound to make it a little quieter? I would rather not put the stock pipes back on. ( Help me out Glider..Or should I say DR. Harley)

I forget what mufflers you have but there's always a chance of different baffles too from the manufacturer of the mufflers. The TD will be a bit louder with most any aftermarket muffler.

The mufflers are screamin eagles slash up. They do not have a removable baffles in them. The sound with the stock head pipes sounded great but I really like the looks of the TD. I am putting in the Big City baffles that go in the head pipe where the muffler is. They told me it would deepen the sound and give me a liitle more back pressure to help with performance. Any other thought? I will do a video of this step and tell you how it goes.

just dont forget the old saying
LOUD PIPES save lives.........well not all the time but its a helper
keep on--keepin on!

Well I finally put the Thunder Baffles on my 2008 UC. The baffles helped a little but not enough for my liking. I am going back to the stock head pipes and just keeping the slip- on screamin eagle mufflers . Anyone interested in a set of Dresser dauls from V&H just get hold of me.

Well I finally put the Thunder Baffles on my 2008 UC. The baffles helped a little but not enough for my liking. I am going back to the stock head pipes and just keeping the slip- on screamin eagle mufflers . Anyone interested in a set of Dresser dauls from V&H just get hold of me.

if you like the look of the true dual maybe you could get a quieter muffler.

what I would like to have go away is the sharp rapping sound. What muffler would you recommend?

My screamin eagle mufflers don't have removable baffles. I was thinking about the new monster ovals from V&H.

The dresser duals don't have baffles....I am getting the feeling I have no baffles on my bike. LOL. The baffle from thunder just go into the end of the end pipe. They are a tube with a washer wielded to it. I thought about putting my stock muffles back on to see if that would help with my sound. If it does then I will go for a different set of muffles. But does anyone have the monster ovals and how do thy like them.

Back