free website stats program jumping tach | Harley Davidson Forums

jumping tach

Baby Blue

2002 HD Ultra Classic,anyone aware of why my tach starts jumping around after the bike has warmed up to running temp.? would this also effect the idle? as sometimes it does not drop to an idle. TY

i have discovered that when I turn key on I have no oil light start bike and oil light flashs on and off with in a 2 second shut off motor and unplug wires from the back of tac turn key to run and oil light comes on gos out shortley after I start bike as it should also should the speedometer needle sweep the gage when I turn key on mine don't it goes back beyound o THANKS

we already did the codes, replaced the part it said it had the issue with, no change, the part was the iac

What kind of tach (and model) are you runnning. I have a Cobra Needle tach that does not jump much at all, but I've heard plenty of stories with the cheaper tachs that did have problems.

When I get my Tbars, my cobra tach is coming off (since it's built into the bar clamp) and I'm gonna get one of those Dakota Digital plug and play console replacements with all the extra bells and whistles.

I'm assuming you don't need to buy a single fire adapter for it ?
Anyhow if it can be fixed these guys on here can help you find the problem.

tach is original, are all the idiot lights to come on in the dash when you turn the key on? and is the speedometer needle suppose to sweep the gauge or go backwords a little?

Back