jimsnewtoHD

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by JimsnewtoHD, Jul 22, 2015.

1. JimsnewtoHD

JimsnewtoHD New Member

I am thinking about buying a one owner 2006 Ultra Cassic with 52000 miles on it. being my first HD I know nothing of the longivity of these bikes. It has been well maitained. How long will they run?

2. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

Many out there with 125K-150K miles on them if properly maintained but most owners don't keep them that long.

3. JimsnewtoHD

JimsnewtoHD New Member

Thank you for the input. The only air cooled bikes I have experience with are metrics and my Friends 69 HD.

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Depending on price. Lots of low mileage one owner status symbols out there for a good deal. Just have to make up your mind what you want and how much you want to spend. Pounce on it when you find it.

5. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

If you do some research, you'll find "Cam Chain Tensioners Failure" is something to be aware of.
    If they fail, it can wipe out an engine.
    Check it out.
    It is a problem.

6. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

In addition, you can purchase an extended warranty from HD, price depends on model and miles. Good hunting!

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

If the price is right and you can get extended warranty come on down:D

8. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

You may want to consider taking it to Harley or a mechanic of your choice and have it inspected. If it's been well maintained you should get many more miles out of her. Good luck.