free website stats program jimsnewtoHD | Harley Davidson Forums

jimsnewtoHD

JimsnewtoHD

I am thinking about buying a one owner 2006 Ultra Cassic with 52000 miles on it. being my first HD I know nothing of the longivity of these bikes. It has been well maitained. How long will they run?

I am thinking about buying a one owner 2006 Ultra Cassic with 52000 miles on it. being my first HD I know nothing of the longivity of these bikes. It has been well maitained. How long will they run?

Many out there with 125K-150K miles on them if properly maintained but most owners don't keep them that long.

Depending on price. Lots of low mileage one owner status symbols out there for a good deal. Just have to make up your mind what you want and how much you want to spend. Pounce on it when you find it.

If you do some research, you'll find "Cam Chain Tensioners Failure" is something to be aware of.
If they fail, it can wipe out an engine.
Check it out.
It is a problem.

In addition, you can purchase an extended warranty from HD, price depends on model and miles. Good hunting!

If the price is right and you can get extended warranty come on down:D

You may want to consider taking it to Harley or a mechanic of your choice and have it inspected. If it's been well maintained you should get many more miles out of her. Good luck.

Back