free website stats program Jiffy Stand drag | Harley Davidson Forums

Jiffy Stand drag

jody7734

When I turn tight left, my Jiffy stand drags the road on my '09 FLHRC. Is this normal? I'm a big guy 260lbs and I have the rear shocks all the way to 50 lbs. Dont think its dangerous but it sure freaks me out when it happens. I dont see anyway to adjust anything.

Also check check the rubber bumper, I gained about 3/8" more clearance by shaving it down a bit (cut about 1/4" excess rubber, still about 1/8" thickness between stop bolt and jiffy stand contact point, still plenty to not "bang". If I was energetic and ground still contacting the tang, you could grind it down a bit if it is just piece of metal to make it easier to catch your boot. Make sure you adjust the rear shock to full preload setting and may have to change springs rates both front and rear...as stock is made for about 180 lb rider.

Last edited:
When I turn tight left, my Jiffy stand drags the road on my '09 FLHRC. Is this normal? I'm a big guy 260lbs and I have the rear shocks all the way to 50 lbs. Dont think its dangerous but it sure freaks me out when it happens. I dont see anyway to adjust anything.

50 psi in the shocks? is that not over the limit? I have an 01 and my max in the rear is 35 front 25. You may be dragging because you don't have shocks. too much pressure may have blown the out.

I agree with the others. It sounds like a spring. I have also seen that when they drag and scrape a bit that they bend and a new spring is not the fix. If the spring is bad it will look stretched.

The spring is fine. Turns out the stand itself is bent. About a month after I bought my bike, some guys tried to steal it. The guy was on it trying to break the steering lock and I bet thats when it got bent. I was going to try a nd straighten it out, but I figure that a bad idea so will be ordering a new arm.

My jiffy stand is up as far as it can go and it will scrape the ground when I lean on a sharp turn . I can lean to the right more then the left because of the kick stand . It would be nice to get the stand up higher .

well for the 1st time since owning the bike my glide touched down with the jiffy stand considering how i ride, its taken its time :D and mines 2" lower all round :D

Thats probably becuae this thread caused you to think about it....... Don't you love how the world works.

Back