free website stats program jet needle question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

jet needle question

ok so I finally got enough time off work and a fair day to ride. I checked for any in take leaks found none cleaned the carb very well and rebuilt it with the parts from cv performance i ended up with 44 slow and a 190 main did not drill the slide and the N65 needle (that is an exact copy of the 88 sporty needle) needed no shimms she runs fantastic the A/F screw is out 2 3/4 turns at 1050 rpm although I had to retard the timing just a smig to get rid of a small ping we had when two up she still runs great. Thanks for all the advice it really helped me fix my problem quick and efficient with out all you guys help I may have fumbled with this for hours or even days. Agian thanks Johnny B.

Great work, glad the bike is running right for you. Thanks for the update

ok so I finally got enough time off work and a fair day to ride. I checked for any in take leaks found none cleaned the carb very well and rebuilt it with the parts from cv performance i ended up with 44 slow and a 190 main did not drill the slide and the N65 needle (that is an exact copy of the 88 sporty needle) needed no shimms she runs fantastic the A/F screw is out 2 3/4 turns at 1050 rpm although I had to retard the timing just a smig to get rid of a small ping we had when two up she still runs great. Thanks for all the advice it really helped me fix my problem quick and efficient with out all you guys help I may have fumbled with this for hours or even days. Agian thanks Johnny B.

Thats what this place is about. Glad we could help.

Good Deal, now you know you can do it on your own with good results:s

Glad you got it sorted out.......more often than not we get you pointed in the right direction:s

Thanks for posting the resolution as well, some forget to do that and it helps others with the same/similar problem.

Back