free website stats program Jealousy... You've got to be kidding me! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jealousy... You've got to be kidding me!

I have always found them jealous of any of the "guy" toys, Harleys,boats,cars,airplanes,guns or whatever.......which is one reason I never remarried after my divorce from the first one......I really dislike haveing to justify my "toys" and interest to anyone. And its not a double standard, I don't care what a woman decides to do with her time or money. If we can spend some quality time on the same "road" fine, if not well there is always someone else out there somewhere.

Your right but the guy toys are girl toys too. Your wife as well as mine could owe a Harley. I wouldn't have a problem with it. But your right. I hate feeling guilty because I'm going for a ride and she choose to sit home.

Yeah I get that, Hey go for a ride youare driving me crazy then the guilt sets in from her hangin at home doing nothing, so how do you deal with that?

Yeah I get that, Hey go for a ride youare driving me crazy then the guilt sets in from her hangin at home doing nothing, so how do you deal with that?

You deal with it the best way you can. When I come back from a nice long ride, and she's standing there looking at me, I make sure I wipe the big grin off my face before I take my glasses off.

Ahh, the differences between the sexes! I don't think there is one married guy who hasn't been in a similar situation. A lot of my hobbies ( guns, Harley's, antique cars, hunting, etc.) my wife has little or no interest in. Found that it was beneficial to set aside time each day to spend with each other. Coffee in the morning, watching TV together, whatever fits into the schedule. Remember, the time we spend on our interests may be no big deal to us, but obviously is to our better half. Lastly, encourage her to pursue some of her own interests. Lots of times wives have spent so much time taking care of family, they have neglected themselves. Best of luck!

as was said before, get her a bike. Solves a load of problems (OK, it also grows new ones) but find a bike she likes. My wife hated bikes, about 30 seconds on 'her' Can Am Spyder and I was able to buy not 1 but 2 bikes.

However, you need to keep up on the other stuff, if you forget a bday, annie, or valentines day, get ready to catch (EDIT).:newsmile055:

For me, a bike was the answer. And now, after a year, she wants the new Iron sportster. wo'd a thunk it?

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
as was said before, get her a bike. Solves a load of problems (OK, it also grows new ones) but find a bike she likes. My wife hated bikes, about 30 seconds on 'her' Can Am Spyder and I was able to buy not 1 but 2 bikes.

However, you need to keep up on the other stuff, if you forget a bday, annie, or valentines day, get ready to catch (EDIT).:newsmile055:

For me, a bike was the answer. And now, after a year, she wants the new Iron sportster. wo'd a thunk it?

I wish she could ride. I'm 55 and she's 57. Her hips keep her from lifting her leg over the seat. You should have seen the look on her face when I read on a post about using Pledge on my bike. Ha Ha. She sounded like my old man, "Oh you can find the Pledge to do you bike, but can't do the coffee tables." LOL. But ha ha, I can't stop laughing, honestly you should have seen her face when I told her I wanted to pledge to use on my bike. LOL.

Heard an add on 760am yesterday that might help. Go to shawn Hannity's web site there is a promo from a flower company,2 doz.roses in a glass vase.$30.00 delivered:D

DON"T !!! It's Pro-Flowers . com and they are in deep doo-doo !!! Credit card #'s missing, orders not being delvd. and when they are delvd. the roses are not bloomed out,all 2 dzn. crammed in a box,you have to put the flowers in the vase, the roses look like sticks with green balls on top. gotta wait for them to bloom out!!!!!!!! Go to a local shop and always get 1 yellow rose & put it with the red ones!!!!!!!

Perhaps id spent to many winter nights in the shed dont know what happend
but wife found from an aquaintance of hers a honda 125 in a box of bits for £30
if you could make a bike out of that then youngest daughter would learn to ride
3 months later (wifes favorite colour) thats looking really nice perhaps i should learn to ride
i month later passed cbt did a bit of practice on 125 as late summer led into autum then less interest in riding
Bought her a sportster 22nd december passed test (cold in dec in scotland)
Had to fit larger tank turn sportster purple to please her (compressor 2 x spray guns passed finance without problem )
Anual holiday trip to her home in germany on the bikes she on dyna wide glide me on softail custom
any time im in the bike shed im working on her bike (normally the truth ) but a little bit of time is given to my softail and sportser

the story goes on if possible get the wife involved and say its all for her
we are looking at agreat summer of riding we will be in the mosel valley in germany on the bikes for silver wedding anniversary in july if the weater is good itll be heaven

work on it Brian

take her out shopping for another bike. shell get so mad about that then hanging out with your old one wont seem so bad to her. my wife is the opposite if i hang out with her to long shell ask if i have a bike or a gun to clean. must be love.

My husband bought a 17' Sylvan boat and I felt the same way when he would go off fishing with his buddy. Granted, I love seeing him happy about his boat but did feel like I was second to it.
Now...I'll be 55 next month. I decided to go buy my Harley that I forever wanted and put off. This was a condition with my husband when he got his boat last year. My Springer is low enough to keep my feet flat on the ground. I know what your wife means about "hopping" on. You can help her by holding her foot and ankle over the seat when getting on/off. I LOVE motorcycle riding!! Tell her for me..."GO FOR IT!!" Good Luck.

Last edited:
Back