free website stats program January Ride Adavice | Harley Davidson Forums

January Ride Adavice

I'm buried in snow in Northern Ontario, need to go for a ride. I have about a week at beginning of January. I was thinking of loading bike in the pick-up and heading to Blue Ridge Parkway in NC. It's about a 14 hour drive south for me. Whats the weather like beginning of January? Any other suggestions, I'm about 3 hours north of Buffalo NY and would like to keep it to about 1 day drive in the cage. Thanks

I'm buried in snow in Northern Ontario, need to go for a ride. I have about a week at beginning of January. I was thinking of loading bike in the pick-up and heading to Blue Ridge Parkway in NC. It's about a 14 hour drive south for me. Whats the weather like beginning of January? Any other suggestions, I'm about 3 hours north of Buffalo NY and would like to keep it to about 1 day drive in the cage. Thanks

Because of the altitude of the BRP, it's most likely going to be cold even on a nice day in January. I would think you'd have better odds of nice, warmer weather by heading for the coast instead of the mountains. At least you have a shot at temps in the 40's or 50's in coastal Virginia or North Carolina in January. Check the long range forecast and load up that truck and go!

Probably cheaper to hop on a plane from Buffalo and fly to Florida and pick up a rental bike and ride.
kemo

Blue Ridge and weather in Jan can be volitile. I am suggesting further south for a ride....much further. Take the advice from Kemo fly and then rent. Come join my spot in this group..."Canadians who Ride"

Itellya

I appreciate the info, may just head a little farther south. Did the fly/ride thing last year, it was ok, was a little disappointed in how flat and straight Florida roads were. Went to Key West which was good time. Taking the truck and my bike this time, besides, a bench seat in the Dodge, and a new girl who likes to lay in my lap while diving, lol.
How do I join the group Cdns who ride? Not too familar with doing this stuff.

There's some good riding north of Orlando, but don't let any of the locals know I told you. It is a closely guarded secret. Take any of the side roads out od Ocala or Gainsville and just ride. Nice trees and lots of horse farms.

If you are into drag racing Don Garlit's museum in Ocala is a must see.

Mainah is correct about North Central Florida. We stay in the Ocala National Forest at Salt Springs for 4 1/2 months. I will ride 8000 miles here. Nice and quiet not much traffic and safe. Just over an hour from Daytona and less than 2 hours from Orlando.
kemo

Back