free website stats program Jagg Oil Cooler Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Jagg Oil Cooler Install

Clayvis

Account Removed
Well after researching and giving it alot of thought, I decided to install an oil cooler. I have a 2007 Fatboy, and ride in Central Florida. It was hitting 250 degrees on a regular basis. This is WITH Mobil 1 20W50 full synthetic oil. I also have a V&H 2 in to 1 Pro Pipe, and a high flow breather. Bike is mapped to run a tad on the rich side. The clincher was reading the article by Donny Peterson in American Iron Mag. He seems very knowlegeable, and highly advises all twin cam owners to run a cooler. I called Jagg and talked to Marvin. Very nice guy to talk to. On his advice, I purchased a 10 row vertical mount cooler for Softails. It was a breeze to install, and is barely noticeable on the bike. I have been riding in 90+ degree stop and go traffic, and have witnessed approximately 30 degree temp drop at all times. I will closely monitor the unit for leaks, as that is the only possible down side I see. At this point in time, I am very pleased with my choice. I paid $273 for everything shipped to my door via an internet discount site. So far, well worth it.

Well after researching and giving it alot of thought, I decided to install an oil cooler. I have a 2007 Fatboy, and ride in Central Florida. It was hitting 250 degrees on a regular basis. This is WITH Mobil 1 20W50 full synthetic oil. I also have a V&H 2 in to 1 Pro Pipe, and a high flow breather. Bike is mapped to run a tad on the rich side. The clincher was reading the article by Donny Peterson in American Iron Mag. He seems very knowlegeable, and highly advises all twin cam owners to run a cooler. I called Jagg and talked to Marvin. Very nice guy to talk to. On his advice, I purchased a 10 row vertical mount cooler for Softails. It was a breeze to install, and is barely noticeable on the bike. I have been riding in 90+ degree stop and go traffic, and have witnessed approximately 30 degree temp drop at all times. I will closely monitor the unit for leaks, as that is the only possible down side I see. At this point in time, I am very pleased with my choice. I paid $273 for everything shipped to my door via an internet discount site. So far, well worth it.

Where did you get it?...I read somewhere that Jagg was not marketing their version to Harley anymore...Do they make one for Sportsters and do you have any pictures? Thanks :dknow

I looked up the part numbers in the Drag Specialties Fatbook. If you go to discountcycleparts.com you will see they have catalog links. Get the part #'s you need, then go back and put them in the search box. It will pop up the prices. They are almost always around 20% off list. Their shipping rates are reasonable also. I have used them numerous times with no problems. I'm not sure about coolers for Sprotster, but you are right that Jagg is not making them for HD anymore. You can find out more by going to Jagg's website. Just do a Google search for Jagg oil coolers. I have pictures I can post, but not sure they would do you much good since they are of my Softail. The Jagg website has pictures, but they aren't the greatest. I will post mine tonight if I remember.

Here are pics of the Jagg 10 row vertical mount cooler on my 07 Fatboy. Notice how it is oriented to the bike. The front mount acts as an air foil which pulls air through the cooler. This position makes the cooler less noticeable than the ones mounted the other way. I like it better anyway.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 400
Looks good. I am looking at getting a Bad Boy cooler put on my bike. I was not sure about how durable the Jagg system was in the event a stone flicked up and punctured the cooler. The way you have it mounted looked very smart and safe.

Looks good. I am looking at getting a Bad Boy cooler put on my bike. I was not sure about how durable the Jagg system was in the event a stone flicked up and punctured the cooler. The way you have it mounted looked very smart and safe.

Thanks for that, (you too Glider). The other thing I like about my setup is the hoses that connect to the oil filter adapter. They are only about 6 inches long, and line up straight with the cooler. There are no curves or bends, and nothing for them to rub on. This reduces the chance of blowing a hose with hot oil under pressure.

Back