free website stats program Jackpot 2/1/2 Head Pipe Intsalled on the XXX | Harley Davidson Forums

Jackpot 2/1/2 Head Pipe Intsalled on the XXX

SERider

I installed the Fuel Moto Stainless head pipe on the wife's Trike yesterday. Made the final adjustments and fired her up today. Don't see any exhaust leaks and it deepened and increased the tone from the SE Fatshotz mufflers. Too much snow on the roads right now for a test ride,but at least the tough part is done.

I have the Fulsac 2/1/2 on my 110 SE Ultra and it did such an awesome job of opening up the bottom end torque and throttle response that I just HAD TO add one to the Trike. In comparing the two I have to say that the Fulsac mates to the cylinder heads a lot more like the stock pipes. While this may not be better, it does give me more confidence in the fit being accurate. I'm sure the Jackpot header is a good fit as I see no leakage but having done a few headpipes before, the Fulsacs seem normal as in what I expected to see. It's all good just different. The jackpot did allow significantly more clearance for the rear brake actuator to lever mount which is very crowded on my SE with the Fulsac. However, I believe the tight fit on the SE is a lot to do with the billet brake lever being thicker than on the XXX.
I had no trouble at all mounting the Fulsac except making adjustments to assure the brake lever didn't contact the pipes. I spent a good 3 1/2 hours jerking around with the Jackpot header trying to get the crossover clamp back on. It appears to me that since the pipes do not sit hardly any amount into the taper of the head exhaust port that the whole system sits about a 1/4" farther forward than the old header which makes that crossover clamp all but impossible to get the bolt back into. I ended up breaking the nutplate out and that left the hole large enough to get a bolt through it and a nut on the end. Not overly impressed with the Jackpot tail pipe extension for the trike either. It puts the front off the muffler lower and closer to the right frame rail than it should be. I rotated it to give a bit more clearance but then it streesses the alignment of the right muffler enough than it is putting some strain on the header. Not real bad but I'm hoping it aligns itself a little better with running heat and vibration.

If I had it to do over again, I would have bought another Fulsac for the Trike instead. But, maybe it's my installation skills. I had done the Ultra and probably could have gone at it a bit different on the trike and it wouldn't have taken 7 hours to complete.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the head pipe on the wifes trike. I can't speak to trike head pipe installs but I did just install a Fuelmoto head pipe and mufflers on my Limited. Very, very well made stuff that fit perfectly. I normally don't hand out praise freely but it's pretty rare that an exhaust system with so many slip joints, mounting points and clamps goes together without prying or banging on something. Obviously I didn't tighten anything until every nut, bolt or clamp was fitted by hand. The head pipe nuts were only screwed on a couple threads each as I worked the inter-connect pipe and clamp under the frame. That let everything move around quite a bit so getting the bolt through the clamp and into the nut on the frame was fairly easy. I will say that there was not a muffler attached to the inter-connect pipe or the head pipe when I did this. That would have been pain in the neck to deal with. I'd probably still be in the garage fighting with it. After the head pipe, inter-connect pipe and all bolts and clamps were loose fit then I slid the mufflers on and started tightening everything up.

Back