free website stats program Jack for a 2010 FLSTC | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jack for a 2010 FLSTC

Rubyred: No the shocks are are resting on anything. The Jack fits on the front part of the frame to the rear of the frame and does not go to the swing arm where the jacks are located. My big concern was the pips and they are high enough that the also do not touch the jack.

Pig rider: No one is disputing anything, just what ever works for you is perfect for you, and I am talking about what works for me a sold jack and I like the fact that I can raise my bike high makes changing oil or adding extras much easier. I also like when putting the bike into storage for winter I can move the bike around on the jack without much effort. Bottom line to each his own which ever works and the J & S Jack is working perfect for me and my needs.

Rubyred: No the shocks are are resting on anything. The Jack fits on the front part of the frame to the rear of the frame and does not go to the swing arm where the jacks are located. My big concern was the pips and they are high enough that the also do not touch the jack.

Pig rider: No one is disputing anything, just what ever works for you is perfect for you, and I am talking about what works for me a sold jack and I like the fact that I can raise my bike high makes changing oil or adding extras much easier. I also like when putting the bike into storage for winter I can move the bike around on the jack without much effort. Bottom line to each his own which ever works and the J & S Jack is working perfect for me and my needs.
Agent, Could you tell me the space between the two lifting members. Yours appears to be wider then mine and I was thinking I could modify mine. Thanks in advance.

I went ahead and sprung for a Pit Bull jack. A worthwhile investment IMO. Yes, there are less expensive jacks that will do the job, but I like the quality and stability of the Pit Bull. It's the only jack I will ever have to buy (I hope). I like getting it way up in the air to do cleaning and detail polishing on the lower parts. My old bones don't get up from the floor so easily any more. I can sit on a chair and clean/polish rims easily and when the time comes for primary work it will be nice to do it from a chair instead of crouching on the cement.

As the Dr mentioned, I always use staps on my lift even though the bike does feel solid, BTW have only used it about 5 times sofar.

As Jack says, strap the bike's frame to the lift in several strategic positions. The weight of the tire being removed will not cause the bike/jack to tip over. Most of the weight of your bike is centered in the engine area and this should also be centered on the lift.

I agree with DrDolittle. Put my cousins FXRS on the pit bull jack and removed both wheels along with some jerking around to break stubborn bolts loose. No straps. Bike stayed steady and never threatened to tip or rock in a scary way. Not saying straps shouldn't be used. Just our experience. I wanted to strap it down but he didn't want to take the time. His ride so we did not use them. That said, if I need to remove a wheel on my FLST I will use straps for peace of mind.

I have a pit bull. Got in 1995 I think. Never have I seen a better made jack. I think it the safest jack out there. It will even hold up to weight of a full loaded Goldwing.

Back