free website stats program Jack for a 2010 FLSTC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Jack for a 2010 FLSTC

Sears jack is well made I have pulled many a tire off front and rear. Even strap free. It already has hook
Loops you should be fine

If you want a really good one pit bull is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second your feeling on the Pit Bull jack. I also have one and I never worry about the stability of my Deluxe when it is up in the air. The frame protectors are to me a waste of time. On most jack supports you can glue on rubbers pads about 1/4" thick where the frame contacts the jack rails and this will provide clearance for the frame rails. You need to have 4 pieces and leave a space between them for the shock clearance. What I did was position my jack where I wanted and then marked the frame rail position with tape, lower the jack and then glue on the 4 - 1/4" rubber pads each about 2" long. Works great and you don't need to put on and take off the frame protectors which is a pain. Good luck.:small3d026:

Having removed various wheels from various bikes i have never experienced any stability problems with the bikes being on a jack
i do leave the wheels just touching the ground and remove the axel and then jack the bike up and away from the wheel

Brian

Just bought a J & S Motorcycle Jack and take a look at the photo no tie downs and the bike is rock sold. The jack is also on sale and when ordered I got the jack next day. I am not sure when the sale ends but I really like the jack and it is very easy to move the bike around on the just. Hope this helps..

Attachments

• IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 50
I've got the Sears red jack and have had no problems when using it on my 04 FLSTCI. I don't like to lift my bike any higher than necessary just because of the balance issue, especially when changing tires. Whenever I change my tires I only lift one end or the other depending on which tire I'm changing, maybe I'm just too causious but I can't see getting 800 plus lbs. any higher in the air than necessary.

Hi Iceman24, I got 5% off or you can get the oil change pan or a move around the shop rod. I took the 5% off plus because I live in Wisconsin shipping was half the cost. Great deal and the jack in my opinion is will worth the money. After paying $17,000 for a new bike I was not going to buy a $79.00 jack and feel good about storing my bike during winter on a cheap jack. One of the best features of this jack is when you are lifting or lowering the bike you do not have to touch the bike the jack does everything for you. If the jack should loose it's hold and leak the bike will just go down and onto it's jeff stand without any assistance. This is one (EDIT) of a cool jack.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the Sears red jack and have had no problems when using it on my 04 FLSTCI. I don't like to lift my bike any higher than necessary just because of the balance issue, especially when changing tires. Whenever I change my tires I only lift one end or the other depending on which tire I'm changing, maybe I'm just too causious but I can't see getting 800 plus lbs. any higher in the air than necessary.

The problem that you are facing is one that is taking away the advantages of a lift or a quality jack. A jack like the Pitbull or J&S is superior to the lightweight ones as far as stability and most importantly peace of mind. My Deluxe is rock solid at its' height and really makes cleaning, detailing and maintenance much easier. Not saying everyone has to buy those jacks just that they perform as advertised. If you look at the J&S site you will see several people sitting on a Harley with no tie down straps while the bike is up in the air. Speaks for itself.

If the jack should loose it's hold and leak the bike will just go down and onto it's jeff stand without any assistance. This is one (EDIT) of a cool jack.

I lift the bike and then release the pressure on the jack and let the bike rest on the mechanical stop. You don't have to worry about the jack leaking.

Years ago I drove bikes onto 2/4's to get the clearance to fit the jack.

Once I saw the J&S jack at a trade show in operation I was sold.

Just bought a J & S Motorcycle Jack and take a look at the photo no tie downs and the bike is rock sold. The jack is also on sale and when ordered I got the jack next day. I am not sure when the sale ends but I really like the jack and it is very easy to move the bike around on the just. Hope this helps..
I was wondering, are your shocks resting on the crossmember of the jack?

The problem that you are facing is one that is taking away the advantages of a lift or a quality jack. A jack like the Pitbull or J&S is superior to the lightweight ones as far as stability and most importantly peace of mind. My Deluxe is rock solid at its' height and really makes cleaning, detailing and maintenance much easier. Not saying everyone has to buy those jacks just that they perform as advertised. If you look at the J&S site you will see several people sitting on a Harley with no tie down straps while the bike is up in the air. Speaks for itself.

I'm not disputing the fact that there are better jacks on the market than the one that I have, was just saying that you don't have to break the bank to get a jack that will work for what you need and not to show off as to how high you get get you're bike in the air. When changing tires I always use the floor to support the tire and either raise or lower bike to right height to install axle shaft. To each his own but I just don't see the need to get my bike that high off the ground.

Back