free website stats program Jack for a 2010 FLSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Jack for a 2010 FLSTC

2manycats

Hi all,
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on jacks that will do well lifting my bike (FLSTC). With all the choices out there, it's hard to make a decision. Also, I'll be needing to take off my front wheel, but if I balance it to lift the thing, won't taking off the front wheel throw everything off balance? (in my mind I can see this showboy tipping backwards and crashing to the floor). I've been reading that I might even have to adapt the jack to miss the shocks, too. Hoo boy! Too many variables for my tiny pea brain! Don't really mean some $500 job-but more like Harbor Freight, Sears, etc, etc.

Hi all,
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on jacks that will do well lifting my bike (FLSTC). With all the choices out there, it's hard to make a decision. Also, I'll be needing to take off my front wheel, but if I balance it to lift the thing, won't taking off the front wheel throw everything off balance? (in my mind I can see this showboy tipping backwards and crashing to the floor). I've been reading that I might even have to adapt the jack to miss the shocks, too. Hoo boy! Too many variables for my tiny pea brain! Don't really mean some $500 job-but more like Harbor Freight, Sears, etc, etc.

Bike Lifts - Harley Davidson Community here is a good start :s

Hi all,

Straps!!!

Straps!!!

Well put Dr. "D"... I installed some 3/8" "Drop Anchors" flush in my concrete floor to thread a Eye bolt in... this does the trick nicely, and when they are not in use I either thread a bolt in them or put some duct tape over them to keep the dirt out.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But do you mean to strap the jack to the frame? And if so, won't the jack just stay with the bike if it falls?

Not a stupid question, yes strap the bike to the jack so it does not slide off Hope this helps:s

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But do you mean to strap the jack to the frame? And if so, won't the jack just stay with the bike if it falls?

As Jack says, strap the bike's frame to the lift in several strategic positions. The weight of the tire being removed will not cause the bike/jack to tip over. Most of the weight of your bike is centered in the engine area and this should also be centered on the lift.

Sears jack is well made I have pulled many a tire off front and rear. Even strap free. It already has hook
Loops you should be fine

If you want a really good one pit bull is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I have a FLSTC. I purchased a Red Torin Jack. When I lift the bike I place the jack just forward of the shocks. I block under the rear wheel when I remove the front wheel. Oh and I strap the bike to the jack. I have pictures but don't know how to post them.

Back