free website stats program J&S Motorcycle Jack? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

J&S Motorcycle Jack?

You asked for comments from people who own a J&S Jack so I will add mine. I have not owned all the jacks in the world, so I can not say the J&S Jack is the 'best". I will tell you that I am an everyday rider who parks his Ultra on the jack every night before rolling it to the side of the garage. I purchased the jack from the two Wisconsin brothers nearly two years ago so you can see it has had quite a bit of up and down use up to this point. It has lowered and raised the bike twice daily for nearly 600 days, so that is over 1200 cycles (no pun intended). It has never broken or misbehaved. It is constructed very heavy, so I doubt if it ever breaks. Because of its large wheels it will turn effortlessly despite the 1000 pound load a full dresser weights. Besides using it as a movable transport daily it is invaluable when it comes to maintenance on the motorcycle. Bye the way, the large square oil change pan that Walmart sells for about $8.00 or so slides perfectly between the arms of the J&S Jack.
I am well pleased with the jack despite the hefty price tag. If a person can stand the initial price, this jack will most likely last a lifetime. Everything is made in the United States except the bottle jack which is a heavy unit in itself. I think the bottle is rated at 6000 lbs. The paint job still looks good so I am guessing it is a powder coat black. Another nice touch is the black rubber strips which are glued to the tops of the arms so it won't scratch the frame of whatever bike it is lifting. It takes me about 35 pumps with my foot on the large pedal to raise the bike up to the first "locked" position, where I normally park it. In fairness, I only raise it to max position (73 foot pumps) when I am servicing the bike. For daily use I give it ten or twelve pumps on the foot pedal before spinning it around for the night. It will come down nice and slow so it does not require any attendance when lowering. Although it has a couple of U bolts welded on it for straps, I have never felt the need to strap it. You can climb all over the bike and it never threatens to fall off the jack. Because of its large low profile wheels I can drag it anywhere in the garage and spin it about, almost effortlessly without fear of the bike falling off. I remember seeing where one person earlier mention the new jacks coming with a T handle to pull the jack around with but it is really not needed as the loaded jack moves easily enough.
I am well satisfied with mine. Lots of people use less expensive equipment to raise their bikes but I like the belt and suspenders approach that a really heavy jack affords, especially if I am using it twice daily.

As far as safety devices go, this jack has one arm on each side of its arms which drops into a series of four holes which prevents the bike dropping should the bottle jack fail. It looks like a good deal to me. It also has a knob on each side which can be turned to immobilize the jack. By turning the knobs you push a rod down so it comes in contact with the concrete. This will keep the bike from "creeping" should it be parked on a sloping surface. Another good deal.

Ordered an A & S jack today with all the options. Now the Mrs. wants one for her bike. Many thanks to all for their reviews.

Potius mori quam foedari

Jim & Steve...J&S jacks, build one of the best jacks out there, Ive had many and theirs by far is the most stable, If Im not on my bike , its up on the jack ,, you will just love it. Tim

Great review. I love the way I can pull right into the garage, slip the jack under it, give it a few pumps and I can spin it 180' with one hand. When I'm ready to roll my bike is pointed in the direction I want to go. Before I bought it I had to do the back and forth and back and forth and my drive is sloped so it was pretty tricky.

I would like to keep the bike lifted up off of the wheels but I'm worried what will happen when we have our next big earthquake. J&S didn't test it on that one (I don't believe).

I've had mine about a week or two now... Great Jack... I've used the red jack from Sears and it's not even close to this jack. When using the Sears red jack I would have to level my bike while pushing he jack under which was a little un-nerving try and get it positioned just right and start jack all the while having to hold my EG up-right until all was seated ok. The J&S, just push the jack under aligning the read arm with the angle under the frame and start jacking... works just like the video shows. And I also use it to store my bike... It's sitting on right now...

Back