free website stats program J&S Big Wheel Motorcycle Lift | Harley Davidson Forums

J&S Big Wheel Motorcycle Lift

davidfb

Newbie question, I have a 2011 Fatboy, I just got a J&S Big wheel jack and the instructions say to put the jack 1/2 to 1 inch behind lower bend in frame. This will cause one arm of the lift to be on the shocks. Have not used it yet just seems this would not be good lifting on the shocks. Anyone use this jack on a Fatboy or I guess the same for any Soft tail.

Thanks

You might check with J&S about frame rails. Some jacks come with a set of rails that clip onto the lower frame rails of softails to keep from hitting the shocks.

Called them and they are sending them no charge , Thanks

J&S builds a great lift and it sounds like they are customer oriented. Drop them a line and let them know how you feel.

You will quickly discover that the frame rails are a waste of time. I have a Pitbull jack which is basically the same. I used the rails for a short time but it is a pain to put them on and off. I had Pitbull send me some of the rubber strips that they attach to the rails. I cut eight 3 inch lengths and put them on the rails. Jack up your bike. Mark where the frame contacts the rails, you will probably have a depression when you lower it down. Apply two 3 inch strips centered over the mark in all 4 positions. Use 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. Will hold the strips firmly and will give you clearance for the shocks. Works great and no need to use the frame rails which are a waste of time.

I love my J&S lift. Works great.
When I received mine they included two large rubber pads to attach to the rear rail to avoid lifting on the shocks. I have a softail and it works great.
I use the lift a lot more than I thought I would. Even use it when I wash the bike so I can clean the whitewalls easier and get under things.
I am old. If I get down on my knees, getting up can be an adventure.:D

I called J&S they are sending me something, J&S said would not hurt shocks but I am going to wait for the clips or pads they are sending.
Thanks, sure helps to be able to get advice from all you guys and gals vast experience:)

Back