free website stats program I've got a mess! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I've got a mess!

um, could you please elaborate on this statement please? I installed an 07 tensioner in my 06, and this statement has me a bit worried. my primary makes noise, but it always has.

Didn't know the new style would fit in an 06 but the ratchet mechanism in a few cases would ratchet up too tightly on the chain.

Yeah, Glider was stroking me a little with that remark.
Well, the saga continues. My Son in law talked to the dealer he bought the bike from, and as I fully expected, he will stand behind his sale and will replace the parts.
Also, as I expected, the Harley Dealer doesn't have to parts in stock!!!....Can you imagine, a multi million dollar operation does not have a part as common as a chain tensioner for a 96 TwinCam in stock.
He might just as well have said he didn't have any blacktop in his parking lot.
So, bottom line, I haven't talked to the seller myself....I really had no part in this deal so, I let my SIL handle it.
The parts are supposed to be here tomorrow and I will pick them up. When I do I will have a chance to talk to the seller myself and find out what the Harley dealer told him.

Good stuff the seller is being stand up with this.

Can just imagine what the dealer will say, please keep us informed.

Even I also think that you should so servicing for your own ,one of my friend had a very bad exp as well.
After that he started his own and he became good in that. :)
Noddy

Didn't know the new style would fit in an 06 but the ratchet mechanism in a few cases would ratchet up too tightly on the chain.

Glider, I put the new stile ratchet type in my 2000 EGC and in my step sons 2006 Heritage fit right in without any issues. One less maintainance step, I love it.

Thanks Dave.

I didn't think they retrofitted into the pre 07 bikes. The reason I say this is because you can't go the other way and install an old style primary chain adjuster in the newer bikes to eliminate the self adjuster.

How about a favor please.
Will one of you guys with a 07-08-09 softail manual look up the capacity of the primary, and the transmission for me.
I know it is different than my FLHTC, and the SIL's manuals have not come yet.
I want to make sure I've got the correct levels.
Thanks.

Back