Its quit raining Time to ride!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by 06rdking, Jun 22, 2009.

1. 06rdking

06rdking Banned

I just got off the phone with one of the guys we ride with and we were talking about how the summer was getting away from us and how the rain had messed up 3 or 4 rides we had planned. Before the hour was up we had mapped out a trip to Tulsa ok , one to eurika springs ar , fayettville ar, and lake of the ozarks in mo. For the next 4 weekends we are going to try this agian!

2. Cpt.FancyPants

Cpt.FancyPants Banned

I had no idea i wsn't suppose to ride in the rain:D

3. hdnt01

hdnt01 Member

Ive done my fair share of riding in the rain this season...coming back from DC we rode for 4 hours and last week on my way home from work i got in a DOWNPOUR it was filling up my goggles as i was ridding

4. hntwrobin

hntwrobin Active Member

The bike won't melt! If I didn't ride in the rain I wouldn't be riding this year so far. Not too many nice days have shown up in CT!:bigsmiley22:

5. WHM1

WHM1 Junior Member

I agree!! We don't plan on riding in the rain but if rain happens while we're on the road we ride. Last summer riding across the Everglades it rained like I have never seen. There was no where to stop and take cover so we rode through it. We are leaving this Friday for a 10 day trip and because it's summer and hot I am sure we will see rain and believe me we are not looking for it. By the time we get home after 3,000/4,000 miles if we don't get wet it will be a miracle!

6. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

There's no "BAD" riding Weather, only ineffective riding gear. :bigsmiley12:

7. speedyron

speedyron Active Member

It's still raining here in Maine. Right Mainah? Hasnt stopped since i got my new bike. Didn't stop me from putting over 2k on her tho.

8. RUSHMORE_14

RUSHMORE_14 Junior Member

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'......
    Ride on

9. Stormrider51

Stormrider51 Active Member

Rain? You got rain? Wish it would rain here! Every time two or more clouds show up in the sky people start to gather in the street and chant.

John

10. joel

joel Junior Member

While loading up the Ultra for our trip to SanDiago I didn't load rain gear, on the way home we stopped in Reno and bought some, now I have a set for both bikes and no room for excuses now. Better to have them and ride than get wet and ask yourself why you didn't load them.