free website stats program It's Home! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

It's Home!

Alto mentioned the Palladino DVD. That is a very good investment if you want to be really comfortable on a heavyweight bike. Slow speed maneuvers are the critical times and there are tricks that will make you able to do these with ease. One of the amazing scenes is that of one of the young ladies picking up an Electra Glide. She weighs about 110 lbs and hoisted the bike with very little problem. Here is a link yo some of the videos so you can get an idea of the skills taught RLAP

I still get a little unsure in taking a slow 90* turn on the roads. I just ride real slow and that's the problem. Not that I have to crank around the turn but going a bit faster helps. Even at 6'5", I still am concerned about planting my feet. They seem to slide a bit when the bike tilts. Although it has been awhile, I have had my hip replaced and the strength in that side has deminished.

I went from a small bike to a 01 UC this year. At first I was very nervous but didn't waste anytime getting on it and riding. The difference in weights was the hardest thing to get used to, you just can't let it lean as much as the smaller bikes. Cause once she gets away from you it is hard to gain back balance. I almost dropped mine in my drive which is gravel due to my feet slipping, but I managed to keep it up on 2 wheels. I have put over 1600 miles on it and it just keeps getting easier and absolutely love the bike, it is so comfortable and love the radio. That's my 2 cents anyway. BTW I am only 5'8"

I went from a small bike to a 01 UC this year. At first I was very nervous but didn't waste anytime getting on it and riding. The difference in weights was the hardest thing to get used to, you just can't let it lean as much as the smaller bikes. Cause once she gets away from you it is hard to gain back balance. I almost dropped mine in my drive which is gravel due to my feet slipping, but I managed to keep it up on 2 wheels. I have put over 1600 miles on it and it just keeps getting easier and absolutely love the bike, it is so comfortable and love the radio. That's my 2 cents anyway. BTW I am only 5'8"

Cool,Iam only 5' 8" or 9 as well with a gravel drive. I have put around 100 mi so far and still getting used to the heavy feel. Slow turns give me the pucker reflex but man is it fun. I just got done setting the radio up with pre-sets and setting the clock.

I feel like a kid...just have to start it up and hear the pipes every now and then.

Great new ride you have...Congrats.. Thair seems to be a lot of people wearing high heals on here....:)....Ok ..I have a pair of HD high heal riding boots but I just cant seam to walk right in them...:(

Great new ride you have...Congrats.. Thair seems to be a lot of people wearing high heals on here....:)....Ok ..I have a pair of HD high heal riding boots but I just cant seam to walk right in them...:(

They're not stiletto heals are they?. Very hard to walk in or plant your feet..Watch out for soft tar!.:)

Back