free website stats program It's Home! | Harley Davidson Forums

It's Home!

mattmuir

Hello all got the new to me 2000 UC home tonight. Had to ride on the trailer as I was the only one who could go get it. Kinda glad though, storms and tons of traffic all the whole trip. Was real fun backing off the trailer then I fired it up and drove towards the garage. Went to turn around and stopped in a bad spot and almost dropped it. M son grabed it as I held it up for dear life. MAN ARE THESE HEAVY!!! I went back down and turned it and then parked it. Wet stone and dirt did not seem the best place to try it out. Still real nervous but I will just take it very easy. Hope it get easier pretty fast:bigsmiley21:

Good for you.... maybe, Go back to your old thread and read the GOOD suggested about the bars and front brake.. Lots of GOOD suggestions there..

Now if the weather goes in your favor = FUN..enjoy that bike.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Yea Bubbie I will. I was stopped when it got hairy. Did all the things wrong looked down, stopped with the front tire in a small mound..feet were raised some. Nothing like two boys going nice one dad.

Glad to hear you got it home :D Like STEVE07 said, don't let it intimidate you. Before you know it you will riding like you never stopped. Enjoy.......

Congrats on the new steed. You will get the hang of it. At all times do not look down if you know what I mean!!!!!

Yea Bubbie I will. I was stopped when it got hairy. Did all the things wrong looked down, stopped with the front tire in a small mound..feet were raised some. Nothing like two boys going nice one dad.

I TRY to Plan MY stops ahead of time on the King and some times you just can't plan..

You'll get the hang of it...

I Needed help getting my bike up one time,,,,,,,, OOpps,,,,,, and it can redden the face a couple of times,,,, once when you drop it (all will look) and another while trying to lift it back up (all will help)..

Great bunch of riders on Motorcycles.. It happens.

signed....BUBBIE

It's only heavy when it tips too far. You'll find when riding that it's a very well balanced bike. Good luck to you and your new ride!

We brought my neighbour an Ultra 3 years ago. He was 74 then and hadn't been on a big bike in years. He road to the end of our dead end road and was turning that big machine around and he dropped it. I ran to the scene and helped him pick it up and was thinking that he might decide to sell it because that he might think that it was too big and heavy but he got back on and rode it and practiced turning in the field and a couple of years later traded it on a newer machine. Now he is 78 and sold the bike.
Ken

Congrats on the new-to-you scoot. You'll get used to the weight difference real quick - great balance w/the touring bikes. When I test drove my Street Glide took the first few miles to get the groove, but getting back on my Sporty for the ride home was like driving a mini-bike. Pretty much sold me on the added comfort w/bigger bike. Not that the Sprotster was bad...just fell for the cushy ride & added comforts (fairing, seat, gauges, radio, etc.). Enjoy that new ride!

Back