free website stats program It's gonna be a darn cold ride!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

It's gonna be a darn cold ride!!

Well rode the scoot in this morning. 21 degrees at the house when I left. Had to make one stop about 1/2 way in to work. There were 3 other bikes, (metrics) at a quick stop gas station so I pulled in to get some feeling back in my fingers. Had a great time with the owners and the other riders.

Headed back out after about 10 minutes, finished the jaunt to work and it wasnt bad at all. I need winter gloves though, 2 pair of leather didnt cut it too well.

Wore thick jeans over my other work pants and the only thing that got cold besides my fingers were my knees, but I can deal with that.

Oh yeah, as I pulled into the gas station to get some warm up, my glasses froze over!! Couldnt see a darn thing!

All in all, a good ride, should be a great ride home!!

I'm glad the ride went ok. I know what it is like to ride in the cold, but it seems to be worth it sometimes.

I have heard from people who work outside in winter (linemen, construction workers) that panty hose under the clothes helps a lot. Haven't tried it myself, but those who have swear by them for really cold conditions. Might be worth considering if one wanted to ride when it is really cold. If I did use them I wouldn't tell any one! :newsmile100:

I have heard from people who work outside in winter (linemen, construction workers) that panty hose under the clothes helps a lot. Haven't tried it myself, but those who have swear by them for really cold conditions. Might be worth considering if one wanted to ride when it is really cold. If I did use them I wouldn't tell any one! :newsmile100:

LOL..Who would think of such a thing..:small3d031:pANTYS?? I will stay home on that won...:newsmile071:.That ant rite

I don't think it will EVER get THAT cold!! :small3d002:

I sometimes ride in the high 20's and it can be comfortable for 1 hour or less rides with leathers. If you do not have leather chaps wear your rain gear. That will deflect most of the wind from your legs. Otherwise your legs will be so cold that you will fell like you are sitting in a tub of ice water! Been there done that!

God forbid you get into an accident and they have to remove your pants. How are you gonna explain the panty hose? :taunt

You will be fine. My chaps gave up on me last year and I never bought a new pair. It is 75 mile one way for me to work and I ride until it gets down to 30-35. I put on long jon paints, blue jeans, and my rain suit pants. I have a half helmet with face mask. Just keep in mind the good ride you will have that afternoon.

Well rode the scoot in this morning. 21 degrees at the house when I left. Had to make one stop about 1/2 way in to work. There were 3 other bikes, (metrics) at a quick stop gas station so I pulled in to get some feeling back in my fingers. Had a great time with the owners and the other riders.

Headed back out after about 10 minutes, finished the jaunt to work and it wasnt bad at all. I need winter gloves though, 2 pair of leather didnt cut it too well.

Wore thick jeans over my other work pants and the only thing that got cold besides my fingers were my knees, but I can deal with that.

Oh yeah, as I pulled into the gas station to get some warm up, my glasses froze over!! Couldnt see a darn thing!

All in all, a good ride, should be a great ride home!!

Glad you had a good ride. About the cold hands, should not be a problem IF you do not grip too tightly. If you hook your fingers around the grip and just touch your middle finger and thumb, warmth starts spreading into the fingers and palms you were gripping too tight. Practice easing up...improves "feeling" and more sure throttle and braking response.:s

Back