free website stats program It's gonna be a darn cold ride!! | Harley Davidson Forums

It's gonna be a darn cold ride!!

kzoo

Banned
Wife needs my cage tomorrow. I am going to ride the scoot to work for the first time since getting it out of storage (it's a new to me 04 Heritage). I could drive her huge Suburban, but gheesh, on a 28 mile each way commute, that gas could fill my scoot!!

25 degrees forecast for tomorrow morning leave time. Tomorrow afternoon will be pleasant 46.

Can't afford chaps right now, so it is going to be heavy jeans. Have the leather jacket with liner (and sweater for work under it), half helmet with visor, neoprene face mask with neck protector, boots, gloves....just gonna chill the legs a bit!!

Get some Under Armor it is relatively cheap and you will be amazed how warm they keep you. They do me.:)

You'll be fine. I left Green Bay for Corpus Christi on 3-11 and it was 20 degrees. Some heavy clothes, good gloves and you'll be fine. 28 miles isn't that long of a ride, and something tells me your gonna take the long way home. Have fun, and watch out for patches of ice!!

For many years i wore long thermal underwear for cold weather on the bike and the waterproofs on the top helped keep the wind out
now i wear cordura trousers with the quilted liner in sorted

Brian

Wife needs my cage tomorrow. I am going to ride the scoot to work for the first time since getting it out of storage (it's a new to me 04 Heritage). I could drive her huge Suburban, but gheesh, on a 28 mile each way commute, that gas could fill my scoot!!

25 degrees forecast for tomorrow morning leave time. Tomorrow afternoon will be pleasant 46.

Can't afford chaps right now, so it is going to be heavy jeans. Have the leather jacket with liner (and sweater for work under it), half helmet with visor, neoprene face mask with neck protector, boots, gloves....just gonna chill the legs a bit!!

I hope you have rode in the cold before,,,If not go take a test ride.:small3d031:..I dont have a windsheld so mabe it wont be that bad..:bigsmiley23:

As we used to do in MN winter - "layer up" and you'll be good. Ride to work will be a tad chilly & definitely wear good gloves - don't want the hands to lose feeling while riding. Mid-40's ride home should feel much better...be safe!

Ultra ..I ride up to the home of the World Champions all the time. It is a after dinner putt on a beautiful summer day as I live right off of 43.

Back