free website stats program Itching | Harley Davidson Forums

Itching

brderj

I'm a new rider, this is my first winter as a Harley owner, and man I tell you it's tough. I'm a winter guy, lots of snowboarding, I have the best warm weather gear money can buy, I love it cold. But since I put my baby away I pray for that one clear day of semi warm weather. I read, the re read, all the HOG tails rider stories I can get my hands on. The other guys in my squadron who ride all get together and tell stories...drives me nuts!! How do you winter vets handle this time of year?

I agree. I asked a friend of mine if he wanted to ride tomorrow, he said not unless it got to above 65. I thought that was nuts!! He has chaps (I dont) leather jacket, full face helmet...what the heck more does he want, a heater? :D I'll ride as long as stuff isnt falling from the sky.

LOL :D:D That's too much!! You really need to send that picture into HOG or something. Start a "best caption" contest.

I think a rider should always know his limits....mine is snow. I can ride in the cold, I try to limit my exposure to fresh rain storms, and never have ridden in the snow. Maybe in a few years :D

I'm a new rider, this is my first winter as a Harley owner, and man I tell you it's tough. I'm a winter guy, lots of snowboarding, I have the best warm weather gear money can buy, I love it cold. But since I put my baby away I pray for that one clear day of semi warm weather. I read, the re read, all the HOG tails rider stories I can get my hands on. The other guys in my squadron who ride all get together and tell stories...drives me nuts!! How do you winter vets handle this time of year?

Tell me about about it.
I'm 30+ years of riding but I just bought a new SG at the end of Dec.
and have really rode it yet
Dreaming about riding isn't the same as twisting the wick for real

First off BRD, Welcome to the Wonderful world of HD, which equals $100.00 per chrome stuff you want on your new ride.

2nd....Move south! you will ride ALL YEAR LONG! No ("winterizing") needed down here,..... thats what I did.
I bought my ride in October of 07" and never missed a month of riding.

Keep an eye one her, polish her up, sit on her, and she will be ready for you when the weather breaks!

TG

I don't ride when it is below 32 degrees so it is a good thing i live in the south. We don't get to many days below that.

This is one reason I got into sidecars. If you really like the cold, get a older hack rig and drive it all winter, let the other guys talk about it while you are driving. Guys even put studded tires on them for added traction. Of course now that I got the Harley I put her up, as she is just way too pretty to take out in the salt and slush. (is there an old Ural in my future?):bigsmiley10:

First off BRD, Welcome to the Wonderful world of HD, which equals $100.00 per chrome stuff you want on your new ride.

2nd....Move south! you will ride ALL YEAR LONG! No ("winterizing") needed down here,..... thats what I did.
I bought my ride in October of 07" and never missed a month of riding.

Keep an eye one her, polish her up, sit on her, and she will be ready for you when the weather breaks!

TG
I'm moving to Hawaii in July...it's not south but it is year round riding. :D We don't winterize our bikes in Denver, there weather is so unpredictable here. We can get a week of snow and the next week upper 50's, back down to below zero freezing, another week of high 50's. We get sporadic year round riding :D

The first year I was married (1979) My wife worked in Waterloo I worked in Cambridge with the same schedule so I rode my bike a 1973 Honda all winter because we couldn't afford a second car and I couldn't sell the bike in the fall NEVER AGAIN!

Back