free website stats program It is time! | Harley Davidson Forums

It is time!

whacko

I called the dealership yesterday and set the apt for getting my bike out of storage! MARCH 6th the 2012 riding season will begin!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

I hear ya and join in your excitement for our upcoming riding season. Although I prepared my ride for winter storage, I never really put it away. It was always ready for a quick ride. Unfortunately, the real nice days we've had in CT. found me too busy to take advantage of the day.

I wish I had not stored mine this season! Who would have thought we would have such a mild winter! Could have logged at least 1000 miles in DEC and JAN this winter! Plenty of days in the 50's!

I wish I had not stored mine this season! Who would have thought we would have such a mild winter! Could have logged at least 1000 miles in DEC and JAN this winter! Plenty of days in the 50's!

So once you get your bike out of storage, you will just have to make up the difference then........:)

I don't care how cold it is.....as long as there is no chance of black ice I'm riding to work after March 6!
:s

I don't care how cold it is.....as long as there is no chance of black ice I'm riding to work after March 6!
:s
I hear ya on both counts. My bike is stored properly, and the black ice can be downright deadly! I don't like the salt residue and sand left on the road in early Spring, but this Winter has been pretty much snow less:D here in Mass. so we don't have to worry about either one of those!!

Was on patrol in Central Maine two nights ago. Driving South on I-95. Saw A light behind me. Thought the car didn't have but one headlight. Slowed down and let it pass me. It was a BIKE! Now for my southern brothers and sisters, you are probably saying, "yeah, it was a bike what's the big deal?" Well, this was Maine, temps were upper 20's and it had been warm during the day. Road had been wet in places from melting snow and it was now below freezing!

I said a prayer for this road warrior. All it would take was hitting some black ice and he/she WAS going down. After nearly killing myself wrecking out on my Road King last November due to a little sand on a turn, I can't imagine riding with the conditions this road warrior was subjecting himself to.

Never was dispatched to a bike crash so he made it out of my zone anyway. Hope he made it to his destination safely. I appreciate the "guts" it took to ride that night, but would never subject myself to the same conditions. After spending nearly two months on my back after my wreck, it just ain't worth it. Ride safe all. Crashing hurts!!!! Just trust me on that...

I called the dealership yesterday and set the apt for getting my bike out of storage! MARCH 6th the 2012 riding season will begin!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

March 6th!? Was I supposed to wait 'til then? Does that mean I shouldn't have been riding to work the last couple days? Stupid California weather, always messing things up!
WAP.gif

Back