free website stats program It has started! | Harley Davidson Forums

It has started!

Thumperhead

(EDIT) weather this weekend so went to the Harley dealer and bought a few accessories for the UC. I picked up the deluxe hinges and the chrome floor board covers for the passenger boards. The question is, there are little rubber plugs in the bottom of the floor boards, do they have to be removed and then drill in the boards? Thanks in advance for your help.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
(EDIT) weather this weekend so went to the Harley dealer and bought a few accessories for the UC. I picked up the deluxe hinges and the chrome floor board covers for the passenger boards. The question is, there are little rubber plugs in the bottom of the floor boards, do they have to be removed and then drill in the boards? Thanks in advance for your help.

Those rubber plugs pull out and the holes are already drilled. The covers kit should include the fasteners.

TQ

Attachments

• Passenger Floorboard Cover.jpg
    Passenger Floorboard Cover.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
The "rubber plugs" are what holds the pad on the floor board, Duh! Has to be drilled and then the self-tapping screws used.

The "rubber plugs" are what holds the pad on the floor board, Duh! Has to be drilled and then the self-tapping screws used.
Read the directions. I did this time and this is what it said.
Most items are easy to install but I had to read the instruction on this one.
I hate to drill hole in my scooter.

This is true.

Read the directions. I did this time and this is what it said.
Most items are easy to install but I had to read the instruction on this one.
I hate to drill hole in my scooter.

I may be confused about what Thumperhead is trying to install. If you are installing new FLOODBOARD pads on the passenger floorboards, then the rubber profiles on the bottom of the pads insert into the holes on the top of the floorboards.

However, if you are trying to install the cosmetic covers on the bottom of the floorboards, these are fastened to the two holes that are pre-drilled and tapped in the bottom of the floorboard and have a rubber stopper in both holes to keep out the weather until they are used. These are pulled out when you want to attach the cosmetic covers.

Hmmm. I just looked at my passenger floorboards again. The info above may not be right. Since my bike was bought used but without passenger floorboard undercovers, but with the holes there for mounting the covers, I assumed this was standard from HD. The previous owner must have had undercovers that he removed and kept BEFORE selling the bike. Interesting that he installed a rubber plug in all four holes before selling the bike. When I bought my covers, I did not read any instructions that came with them. Too obvious what had to be done with the covers and fasteners in my case.

TQ

Last edited:
However, if you are trying to install the cosmetic covers on the bottom of the floorboards, these are fastened to the two holes that are pre-drilled and tapped in the bottom of the floorboard and have a rubber stopper in both holes to keep out the weather until they are used. These are pulled out when you want to attach the cosmetic covers.

TQ

Sorry I think you should read the instructions again….:bigsmiley8:

If bottom chrome covers are new to the bike, you will have to drill and use the self tapping screws. I did this with my 09 RK. :s Easy to do, you'll have no problem.

Back