free website stats program Issues on last ride (2700mi) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Issues on last ride (2700mi)

Spoked wheels are way cool but I've never trusted them. I just know that I'll be the person who gets the loose spoke that punctures the tube and leaves me in the middle of nowhere. I'll stick with cast wheels and admire the spoked wheels from a distance.

The way I check my spokes is easy and only takes a minute .. I take a screwdriver and gently tap each spoke. They will ping ..the ping will be similar on all of all the spokes.If I come across one that is loose it will sound different...deeper.. if this is the case take I take my spoke tool and tighten it till it sounds the same

I do agree with people in this thread though that a new bike should not have had this issue and if too many spokes are loose a dealer needs to set them to make sure the rim is true.

Spoked wheels are way cool but I've never trusted them. I just know that I'll be the person who gets the loose spoke that punctures the tube and leaves me in the middle of nowhere. I'll stick with cast wheels and admire the spoked wheels from a distance.

I guess it's human nature to want what you don't have. I've always had spoke (laced) wheels and I hate um. I hate cleaning and polishing them, and I don't think they look as good as cast. When I get the money I gettun some neat looking cast ones. To me all the cast ones look neat.

Back